pete_auto
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Cinemar Releases Axis Client Side ActiveX Streaming Video

Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:21 am

I just downloaded the trial version of IP Camera family plug-in as well as the Axis Camera plug-in. I have purchased 2 IP cameras (AXIS), and will be adding a couple more. I am stuck at the very first step.

1. Firstly, my Axis cameras are not listed in the supported camera list, although reading the prior posts, it seems that they should work. The model numbers are:
• P3344 (outdoor ready fixed dome camera)
• M1054 (indoor camera)
So what camera model should I choose from the drop down menu? Should I pick “generic camera”? it is not clear.
2. I tried selecting the “generic” option, and I have set these cameras without username or password. However, the plug-in asks for one, and persistently keeps asking me to input this information. What should I do?

Thanks in advance.

mcascio

Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:01 pm

pete_auto wrote:I just downloaded the trial version of IP Camera family plug-in as well as the Axis Camera plug-in. I have purchased 2 IP cameras (AXIS), and will be adding a couple more. I am stuck at the very first step.

1. Firstly, my Axis cameras are not listed in the supported camera list, although reading the prior posts, it seems that they should work. The model numbers are:
• P3344 (outdoor ready fixed dome camera)
• M1054 (indoor camera)
So what camera model should I choose from the drop down menu? Should I pick “generic camera”? it is not clear.
2. I tried selecting the “generic” option, and I have set these cameras without username or password. However, the plug-in asks for one, and persistently keeps asking me to input this information. What should I do?

Thanks in advance.
What exactly is your goal?

If you want live streaming video, then you would use the Axis Client Side ActiveX streaming video using the library object and not the plugin. If your goal is to get a reloading jpg only, then use the Plugin on the server side. I'd just try to find an "axis" camera (not generic) that has similar capabilities as the ones you purchased if they are not listed.

pete_auto
Intermediate
Intermediate

Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:57 am

Oh – I had it all wrong then. The objective is to stream live video. I will install library 16 and load the library object. Hopefully that will resolve my issue.

Thanks Mario

mcascio

Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:49 pm

You bet. Glad to get you on track to your goal. The live stream is pretty sweet.

rpalori

Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:12 pm

Will the 241SA stream live video and analog audio using Library 16 ActiveX Streaming Video Window.

I am going to connect the analog in and out to a doorphone so I can talk two-way from Q1.

I assume it will work since you can watch A/V from other devices like cable box, satellite receiver, etc. Just not sure about talking back thru the mic on a Q1 or other touchpanel device. Does the ActiveX Streaming Window support two-way audio or just one-way?

Ryan

mcascio

Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:01 pm

Ryan,

You should be able to get one way audio/video. I don't think they it will send audio back through the mic.

Return to “News & Announcements”