indecision
Intermediate
Intermediate

Scaling Issues

Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:34 pm

Dave,

I am working with a NUVO P30 tablet but having trouble with the native Andorid app. This is a 1024x600 device but I cannot get the app to fill the screen. If I force the resolution larger in designer I can fill the empty space on the right side and at the bottom, but I can't get the graphics to shift left to cover the left side not matter what I seem to try. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Synergy_Tech
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Scaling Issues

Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:39 pm

I have one of these tablets here and it scales quite nicely. I'm using the modernUI phones version. Make sure your javascript is up to date to the latest version and check what your target width and height are in the custom.js file.

indecision
Intermediate
Intermediate

Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:58 pm

Thanks Synergy. I was able to fix it by turning off the scaling option in the JavaScript. Do you like the tablet? I love that it is hardwired with PoE. However I was hoping that the screen would stay awake and ready to receive a button push. I am having to use daydream as a workaround which displays photos after a screen timeout.

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:59 am

"I am having to use daydream as a workaround which displays photos after a screen timeout."
Our myPhotos application should do same, plus integrate your photo collection into the myServer UI system.
Not familiar with "daydream" so not sure what that also brings to the table.

indecision
Intermediate
Intermediate

Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:57 pm

Thanks David. That's a great suggestion. I did not realize that myPhotos could do that. Can it work as a screensaver? Can I set it to start after a certain time period?

This tablet is at the entry to our home theater, so I would like to display movie posters when idle, but tap the screen and the Allonis interface is ready for input.

Synergy_Tech
Intermediate
Intermediate

Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:17 pm

I also like that it's PoE and hardwired as well and has a simple mounting system. I'm not thrilled with the speed of the processor and find it's sluggish at times. I don't have any problems with it timing out though, it just runs 24/7.

I'd like to be able to get it to launch myui automatically after a power outage but haven't been able to get that to work.

Synergy_Tech
Intermediate
Intermediate

Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:20 pm

If I remember correctly, using the screensaver function on myphotos will only do what you want as long as your entire photo collection is nothing but movie posters. It randomly picks images from the collection, you can't specify to only look at a certain folder. It's been a while since I've played with it though.

indecision
Intermediate
Intermediate

Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:54 pm

You are correct that I can set the screen to be on all the time and it will never time out. But that means it is displaying the Allonis interface 24/7. Is that what yours does or does it go to sleep and wake up with by touching the screen (rather than having to push the button on the side)?

As far as myPhotos, I was hoping that I could choose the directory that I wanted to pull from, or at least pull from the local device. If not it wouldn't work that well for me.

Thanks again!

Synergy_Tech
Intermediate
Intermediate

Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:08 am

Yes, mine is on all the time. You can specify the folder that you want myphotos to display and it will work just fine as long as you didn't also want to be viewing or displaying a different folder of photos on another device. You'll be limited to your movie posters only.

Return to “Android myUI apk”