ppespepe@me.com

Is Allonis the right tool for me? Guidance greatly appreciated

Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:00 pm

Hello everybody, and thanks in advance for reading.

First, let me introduce myself real quick and apologize at once for my long first thread. I'm a Home Automation DIY enthusiast, loved the concept all my life but I'm also pretty new to this world. Actually I've been using HomeSeer HS3 since June last year and I really like the product. Its MQTT capabilities as as far as I know, second to none and I like to tinker with microcontrollers and stuff. Trouble is, I want to have a killer HTML multidevice touch interface just because and that is something HS lacks big time.

Today I use:

- MQTT
- Pihlips Hue
- Philips Hue Sync
- LIFX
- Lutron Casetá
- Zigbee Sensors (through Hubitat Elevation integrated with HS)
- Z-Wave smart plugs and lights,
- Z-wave flood sensors.
- Shelly Smart switches?
- Logitech Harmony Elite
- Bose SoundTouch
- AppleTV for Movies, Amazon Prime and Netflix
- Google Home Hubs and Amazon Echo Show.
- Foscam, HomeSeer and Amcrest IP cameras with Blue Iris.
- I have Sighthound video but not implemented yet.
- August Smart lock
- Ring door bell

Right now I'm very tempted to buy MyServer (I'm playing with it on trial as I write) but as of today, I have only managed to discover like 5 devices from HomeSeer using the HomeSeer connector on the lighting.

What I want:

- A way to make a cool to very cool web interface either for my iPad, iPhone or android devices.
- At least at the beginning since I still trying to learn MyServer, I would love to keep events on the HS.
- I would love to be able to integrate my Netflix and Amazon Prime experience with what I already have which are a couple of Samsung TV (not very new) with appleTV and Bose Cinemate with soundtouch... Do I need the A/V plugin plus the Netflix and Amazon Apps? is it possible to choose from my tablet the program I want to watch on my TV without having to buy extra hardware?

It is a little bit confusing but apparently the modules I need (if the above makes sense and is possible) are:

MyServer (of course ;-)
AV <- ??
Control
Lighting
Security (for sensors? Is the August Lock operated using its z-wave radio or wifi?)
Video (If Those three brands are useable or simply connecting to BlueIris somehow would work?)

Main question... is the above possible? Am I right in my licensing requirements? Can I run HS and Allonis on the same server?

Thank you so much in advance for your kind guidance!

PP

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Re: Is Allonis the right tool for me? Guidance greatly appreciated

Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:15 pm

- MQTT
myServer also supports MQTT but it hasn't been documented or exposed to end users yet. It was added to communicate with a ZWave / Zigbee hub.

- Pihlips Hue
myServer supports Hue now and a new driver is being written for their latest hub.

- Philips Hue Sync
- LIFX
- Lutron Casetá
There is a driver for Lutron products. Migrate this to myServer

- Zigbee Sensors (through Hubitat Elevation integrated with HS)
In a few months there will be a Zigbee driver. No need for Hubitat or HS.

- Z-Wave smart plugs and lights,
- Z-wave flood sensors.
There is a ZWave hub and driver.

- Shelly Smart switches?
No driver yet .

- Logitech Harmony Elite
There is a driver to receive the programmed buttons on the Harmony back to myServer.

- Bose SoundTouch
No driver- what's the function?

- AppleTV for Movies
ATV can be controlled via IR via GlobalCache IP2IR device

, Amazon Prime and Netflix
There are drivers for both.

- Google Home Hubs and Amazon Echo Show.
No Google Voice integration yet. On the way.

- Foscam, HomeSeer and Amcrest IP cameras with Blue Iris.
Integrate from BlueIris to myServer web pages...no need for Homeseer for this.

- I have Sighthound video but not implemented yet.
don't know what this is.

- August Smart lock
- Ring door bell
No driver for either yet.

Right now I'm very tempted to buy MyServer (I'm playing with it on trial as I write) but as of today, I have only managed to discover like 5 devices from HomeSeer using the HomeSeer connector on the lighting.

Send us your myServer Homeseer driver log so we can see what is in it. The problem with HS is they don't have any standards for the 3rd party developers to follow to make devices defined. So they come into myServer and the driver has no idea what the devices are to map them to the myServer family structure (that is well defined).

What I want:

- A way to make a cool to very cool web interface either for my iPad, iPhone or android devices.
Yup, nothing better than myServer for that.

- At least at the beginning since I still trying to learn MyServer, I would love to keep events on the HS.
You can do this. Eventually migrate things over to myServer.

- I would love to be able to integrate my Netflix and Amazon Prime experience with what I already have which are a couple of Samsung TV (not very new) with appleTV and Bose Cinemate with soundtouch... Do I need the A/V plugin plus the Netflix and Amazon Apps? is it possible to choose from my tablet the program I want to watch on my TV without having to buy extra hardware?

It is a little bit confusing but apparently the modules I need (if the above makes sense and is possible) are:

MyServer (of course ;-)
AV Yes
Control - for relays
Lighting Yes
Security (for sensors? Is the August Lock operated using its z-wave radio or wifi?) Depends on the device.
Video (If Those three brands are useable or simply connecting to BlueIris somehow would work?) Yes, blueiris.

Main question... is the above possible? Am I right in my licensing requirements? Can I run HS and Allonis on the same server? Yes you can run on same server as long as it is built well. SSD drives, 8gig Ram. ideally Raid1 for redundancy.

Sounds like a plan!!
Have fun.

ppespepe@me.com

Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:43 pm

Thanks David,

Have NVME and 16GB... On the other hand, I clicked the “send email with the HomeSeer configuration to tech support” and it confirms It has sent said mail, trouble is, if it really did, how can you differentiate mine from others? Any link to info how to send such info?

PP
Attachments
4FC0696C-10FE-4F35-8DF8-2F0CB579B9E1.png
4FC0696C-10FE-4F35-8DF8-2F0CB579B9E1.png (1.53 MiB) Viewed 242 times

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:56 pm

We received the Homeseer import log. Haven't looked at it yet. The problem is that homeseer does not comply with any standards for device naming convention so their 3rd party developers all call the same thing different things. Then, myServer can't map to the family structure for ease of use within myServer.

Let us know how your eval goes and if you would like to purchase myServer suite products. We can then look at the import file.

Thanx!!
David

ppespepe@me.com

Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:42 am

My Eval is going great... Ordered a couple of minutes ago ;)

I’m getting up to speed real quick with MyServer... and bought the blml2hs plugin as well from the HS side... I have changed some devices name so I’ll send them again. A hand solving the import puzzle is appreciated! :P

Uploaded some images of my first modifications to modern UI using designer... not too shabby, don’t you think?

I might need some guidance on making my foscam r2c, Amcrest 2 and 4mp and a homeseer Cam-I cameras but so far so good :)

On the attached photos, the temperature on the weather page comes from my NetAtmo outside sensor and added the temperature trend... the switches for grinder and espresso machine are aeotec a smart plugs with power metering... I mean, is fantastic :)

PS: MQTT pleeeeaseee!

PP
Attachments
E2354C62-9F73-4F08-9908-A3BC4B0184B2.jpeg
E2354C62-9F73-4F08-9908-A3BC4B0184B2.jpeg (98.11 KiB) Viewed 207 times
96383A59-E317-4162-B72E-E6114B90445D.jpeg
96383A59-E317-4162-B72E-E6114B90445D.jpeg (276.56 KiB) Viewed 207 times
D3CEC64B-3C0C-486E-AF5B-D8A2F3233C98.jpeg
D3CEC64B-3C0C-486E-AF5B-D8A2F3233C98.jpeg (211.47 KiB) Viewed 207 times
72864295-FC29-465A-B0D1-A4D40756B5FA.jpeg
72864295-FC29-465A-B0D1-A4D40756B5FA.jpeg (94.2 KiB) Viewed 207 times

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:08 am

There is the myServer Homeseer integration driver. That is supported by Allonis and what I assumed you were using (the log files). Then there is Blades BLMHSPlugin. That is completely different and don't work together. Blade supports that. I am not sure on what it's status is.
Which are you currently using?

Your scenes look great! Keep it up.

Let us know specifics on the other areas.

Thanx for your order!!

ppespepe@me.com

Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:22 pm

Thanks David!

I'm currently using the BLML2HS since I've been unable to import devices (yet) using the HomeSeer driver from MyServer. Once I can be able to import them, I'll use the driver.

TIA

PP

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:11 pm

If BLMHS plugin is working for you, then continue to use it.
We are evaluating a better strategy for all of this but it will take a while to develop.

Thanx!!

Return to “Modern HTML UI”