myServer also supports MQTT but it hasn't been documented or exposed to end users yet. It was added to communicate with a ZWave / Zigbee hub.
- Pihlips Hue
myServer supports Hue now and a new driver is being written for their latest hub.
- Philips Hue Sync
- Lutron Casetá
There is a driver for Lutron products. Migrate this to myServer
- Zigbee Sensors (through Hubitat Elevation integrated with HS)
In a few months there will be a Zigbee driver. No need for Hubitat or HS.
- Z-Wave smart plugs and lights,
- Z-wave flood sensors.
There is a ZWave hub and driver.
- Shelly Smart switches?
No driver yet .
- Logitech Harmony Elite
There is a driver to receive the programmed buttons on the Harmony back to myServer.
- Bose SoundTouch
No driver- what's the function?
- AppleTV for Movies
ATV can be controlled via IR via GlobalCache IP2IR device
, Amazon Prime and Netflix
There are drivers for both.
- Google Home Hubs and Amazon Echo Show.
No Google Voice integration yet. On the way.
- Foscam, HomeSeer and Amcrest IP cameras with Blue Iris.
Integrate from BlueIris to myServer web pages...no need for Homeseer for this.
- I have Sighthound video but not implemented yet.
don't know what this is.
- August Smart lock
- Ring door bell
No driver for either yet.
Right now I'm very tempted to buy MyServer (I'm playing with it on trial as I write) but as of today, I have only managed to discover like 5 devices from HomeSeer using the HomeSeer connector on the lighting.
Send us your myServer Homeseer driver log so we can see what is in it. The problem with HS is they don't have any standards for the 3rd party developers to follow to make devices defined. So they come into myServer and the driver has no idea what the devices are to map them to the myServer family structure (that is well defined).
What I want:
- A way to make a cool to very cool web interface either for my iPad, iPhone or android devices.
Yup, nothing better than myServer for that.
- At least at the beginning since I still trying to learn MyServer, I would love to keep events on the HS.
You can do this. Eventually migrate things over to myServer.
- I would love to be able to integrate my Netflix and Amazon Prime experience with what I already have which are a couple of Samsung TV (not very new) with appleTV and Bose Cinemate with soundtouch... Do I need the A/V plugin plus the Netflix and Amazon Apps? is it possible to choose from my tablet the program I want to watch on my TV without having to buy extra hardware?
It is a little bit confusing but apparently the modules I need (if the above makes sense and is possible) are:
MyServer (of course
Control - for relays
Security (for sensors? Is the August Lock operated using its z-wave radio or wifi?) Depends on the device.
Video (If Those three brands are useable or simply connecting to BlueIris somehow would work?) Yes, blueiris.
Main question... is the above possible? Am I right in my licensing requirements? Can I run HS and Allonis on the same server? Yes you can run on same server as long as it is built well. SSD drives, 8gig Ram. ideally Raid1 for redundancy.
Sounds like a plan!!