monteourdog

Event Error

Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:21 pm

Trying Plex for the first time.

I have an identifier for the server and a token for the user but in the applet log I get this every 2-seconds:

<DATE-TIME STAMP> Get Error at MoveNext at line #2916 - Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.
<DATE-TIME STAMP> ScanSessions Error at MoveNext at line #1695 - Error reading JToken from JsonReader. Path '', line 0, position 0.

My Plex server is a nVidia Shield and is working with the other clients within my network. I followed all the directions for installing the app except for one; which is to map the drives (on my myServer??). I don't see why that is important as plex is a streaming device and the nVidia Shield has the drives mapped and has populated the media.

Anyway, ideas?

monteourdog

Re: Event Error

Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:09 pm

I have been hoping to give Allonis some of my hard earned cash to buy the Plex applet but it's not working!

What to do??

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:21 pm

The Plex app is currently being rewritten. The error is a Plex client trying to get polled but it cannot be accessed. The new Plex will be available soon.

monteourdog

Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:11 pm

That is great news! New to Plex and it is amazing...add myServer and...well, the microphone drops.

I'll be anxiously waiting for news.

monteourdog

Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:53 pm

I have assumed that the Plex app is working but being re-written to accommodate some something else Allonis is brewing?

Anyway, further to my initial post regarding the repeated errors (which continue with 6-days remaining on my trial). Now, the error is this:

<DATE-TIME STAMP> Get Error at MoveNext at line #2937 - The remote name could not be resolved: 'plexserver'
<DATE-TIME STAMP> ScanSessions Error at MoveNext at line #1695 - Error reading JToken from JsonReader. Path '', line 0, position 0.

Repeated every 2-seconds.

Again, I have an identifier for the server and a token for the user and my server is an Nvidia Shield. I have 2 "clients" installed in the AndroidTV plugin (the Shield and a FireTV 4K) and both have been accepted as ADB clients. Lastly, I added Plex along with the required Macro in the Watch CycleStates.

Launching Modern.tablets, nothing is created in the browse or in the "Select a Filter..." drop down. There is a 3-5 second delay for the alpha menu to appear and once it does...it does nothing.

Perhaps the root - but nothing is created in the "Watch" drop down or in the Plex.html "Cast" drop down...
Regardless, I am thinking I should at least see the library?

So is this totally broken or have I missed something on my end.

Return to “Plex”