fahrer

Plex App Errors

Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:46 pm

I just installed the Plex App and activated it. It's able to connect to the server (on the local host), browse media, and issue pause/play commands. No other commands, including playing a selected movie or TV episode. I'm using the plex app on an Amazon Fire TV for most of the testing. Chrome clients get a little further but trying to play items generates an error on the client: "An error occurred loading items to play".

Here's a list of additional error appearing in the myServer log and the plex app log in myServer:
  • Plex app log every 2 seconds: "Error at MoveNext at line # 1698 - Object reference not set to an instance of an object".
  • When issuing "most commands from the sample screens, the following error appears in the Plex app log and the action doesn't work: "Error at MoveNext at line # 3026 - The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request."
  • In the myServer log: "Error at SaveToJpg at line #8738 - Parameter is not valid."
  • When trying to browse episodes, error in the myServer log: "Error at GetRowCount at line #14544 - Incorrect syntax near ')'."

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Re: Plex App Errors

Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:07 pm

Interesting

At line 1698 the app is trying to scan existing sessions
http://" + activeServer.address + ":" + activeServer.port + "/status/sessions

At line 3026 it is trying to send a command to the Plex server and it is timing out trying to send.

The other issues are artifacts of not syncing with Plex.

The app is having a hard time trying to talk to the Plex server. Do you have any authentication turn on in Plex?

fahrer

Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:57 pm

I haven't enabled any authentication other than the Plex standard install. I followed the Plex app installation instructions on the Allonis site and the token was populated automatically when I entered my username/password in the config screen.

I tried out the URL you specified from Chrome and I got a 401 Unauthorized error. I took a look on the Plex site and found an article about authentication and it said how to disable authentication for the local subnet (although they do not recommend that). With authentication disabled for the local subnet, the "line 1698" errors don't occur every 2 seconds but they do still happen periodically.

I also have some new errors now:
  • Error at MoveNext at line # 1669 - The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error
  • Error at GetDataSync at line # 2976 - The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
  • Error at GetWebData at oine # 3429 - Error reading JToken from JsonReader. Path '', line 0, position 0.
  • Error at MoveNext at line # 3026 - The remote server returned and error: (500) Internal Server Error.

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:25 am

Firewall issue between the two?

fahrer

Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:07 am

Plex is running on the same server as myServer. I think that rules out a firewall issue but maybe some other conflict with having them on the same server?

Krumpy
Developer
Developer

Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:16 am

While I personally do not think that it is a firewall issue, I would turn it off and test as it is not hard to temporarily turn off the Windows firewall.

Can you connect via a Plex client?

fahrer

Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:51 am

I turned off windows firewall, no change in the behavior. All other clients connect and function without issue.

Return to “Plex”