donburkard
Expert
Expert

Exiting Keyboard

Thu May 28, 2009 9:33 pm

How do i exit the keyboard? I can never figure out how to get it to go away.
Hooked on HighDef

ronsatter
Is there life beyond myServer?

Fri May 29, 2009 1:23 am

Hi Don,

I'm not sure how you are using the keyboard swf. I think it was used as a "layer" slide out in some ML example scenes. Look in the scene containing the keyboard for some reference to a macro ... perhaps in the Exit Scene portion of the Scene Options panel.

I'm guessing that it's coded to unload from a layer on a scene when you exit the scene ... or the code could be in a separate button on the scene, like "Cancel" or "Close". At any rate, the keyboard swf object needs an ML command to "Hide" or "Close" it.

Ron
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

donburkard
Expert
Expert

Fri May 29, 2009 8:28 am

Im was using it in the drinktank. It use to just close. Now it doesnt. Could it be a bug in the new ml build? How is yours working?
Hooked on HighDef

ronsatter

Fri May 29, 2009 2:05 pm

I don't use that scene, but I'll take a look at it later today. I'll report back.

Ron

ronsatter

Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:31 am

Hi Don,

I looked at the scene. It looks like the keyboard swf is on the ML scene "OnscreenKeyboard" and is loaded to layer 4 over the 0019 drinktank scene when you click the "Keyboard" button.

Look at the code in the "Keyboard" button and you see this at the end of the macro:

MLCmd|{{clientname}}~loadOverlayAdvanced|OnscreenKeyboard.mls~4

As for how it is exited ... I believe the keyboard swf is hard-coded to respond to a macro called "KB.Save" when you click the "Save" button on the keyboard. So search your commands for "KB.Save". If you don't have that macro, then that is the problem. Most likely, that macro is supposed to find the drink name in the search text and exit the keyboard.

Since I don't use the 0019 drinktank scene, I can't tell you what the macro is supposed to contain. I'm sure someone else can jump in at this point.

By the way, I use the same keyboard swf on my scenes and everything works as expected with the latest versions of ML.

Sorry I took so long to get back to you on this. Hope this helps.

Ron

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:34 pm

We have been through this one several times. There are several versions of the "Hard Coded" keyboard out there, and I still think that some of the old versions "come with" some of the older plug-ins available for download. I know for a fact that I have inadvertantly overwritten mine several times with the wrong version.

The last time I chased this one down, my issue was an old version of keyboard and a bad command map. I would hit enter ot close and the entire first and second layer would scroll off screen, leaving me with no buttons to press. I still have this issue at times today. It is frustrating.

Mario; I still maintain and have for a few years, that you should make a "Keyboard" module that all plug-ins use. With that method, updates would be easy, and everyone would always have the current version.
Thanks
Dave Bruner
:shock:

donburkard
Expert
Expert

Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:17 am

Code: Select all

Mario; I still maintain and have for a few years, that you should make a "Keyboard" module that all plug-ins use. With that method, updates would be easy, and everyone would always have the current version.[quote] Here, Here![/quote]
Hooked on HighDef

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:53 pm

Wow - double quoted - Thats' cool. 8)
Thanks
Dave Bruner
:shock:

Return to “MLS files/Buttons/Icons/Backgrounds/SWF/3rd Party Apps/Device Files”