mcascio

Re: Best way to put flooplan into ML

Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:59 am

Hi Clever1,

I'm not familiar enough with Visio to provide any guidance there.

But typically, we'll design an image of the entire floor. Then a separate image with all the room outlines and exterior walls. Then each room is traced and cutout individually for room clickables.
That stock floorplan was done with photoshop so we were able to add a drop shadow layer.

Clever1

Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:46 am

Thank you for the reply. I have my image of the entire floor both with furniture and without (testing to see how it looks) and am creating a seperate image now outlining the rooms with a heavier line weight in black. I assume you use something like the pencil tools to trace the rooms and then cut them out into a seperate image as well?? I have photoshop as well so I should be able to get me floorplan to look and act just like the stock one... Is the floorplan then just upload as a jpeg or do I save it as a png and then convert to swf as was mentioned in this thread earlier...

I am also practicing with just a couple of squares to try and get this all correct before I tackle the floorplan, makes tracing and cuting pretty easy....

Clever1

Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:02 pm

Editing a previous post after I discovered the answer. Ok so I see that Library0019 contains that traced rooms (as images??) and that the alpha is adjusted via the Button States Panel to get the correct tranparentcy. So my question now is how do I get those traced rooms added to my floorplan as we can't add our own libraries... Would they just be seperate Images that I load??

Working on a test with my squares to try and answer my own question too...

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:29 pm

Save all your images as PNGs. Then use our SWFGen tool to create swf files. The tool allows you to specify the base image and then optionally a click image and a hover image. This should allow you to emulate what we do in the libraries.

mcascio

Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:37 pm

Unless you plan to use Flash though and masking, I believe even transparent PNGs converted to an SWF will still force the entire layer (including transparent areas) to be clickable. Which isn't always ideal when you have odd shaped rooms and rooms that overlap.

simonmason
Is there life beyond myServer?
Is there life beyond myServer?

Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:03 pm

I did it in Visio but I made only one layer. It was a little convulated! I would like to get the highlights working as well
Simon D. S. Mason

Krumpy
Developer
Developer

Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:54 pm

Mario always makes things seem very simple. He is definitely very talented in graphic arts. That's why I have always enjoyed working with him.

Now a much more simpler solution would be for Cinemar to create Floorplan lobby!

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:45 pm

Krumpy wrote:Mario always makes things seem very simple. He is definitely very talented in graphic arts. That's why I have always enjoyed working with him.

Now a much more simpler solution would be for Cinemar to create Floorplan lobby!

Or a utility program to make floor plans...
Thanks
Dave Bruner
:shock:

Clever1

Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:10 am

I didn't want to ask for all that but yes I agree that would be a nice feature. I am sure that every user needs a custom floor plan if they are using similar setup that the examples bring... I'm still working at this slowly...

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:48 pm

Hey - and the utility program is worth $$ so it is a profit item if executed well!
Thanks
Dave Bruner
:shock:

Clever1

Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:36 pm

Ok I have made some good progress. I have the basic outline finished. Now I am working on traceing out the rooms and changing the alpha level based on the current room selected.
Attachments
floorplan.JPG
floorplan.JPG (88.87 KiB) Viewed 3591 times

Return to “MLS files/Buttons/Icons/Backgrounds/SWF/3rd Party Apps/Device Files”