pickeringeuro

Ipads get black screen this morning

Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:54 pm

Good day !

I have an Ipad4 and an early Ipad mini , both are running old ios as they can't be updated anymore and this morning my main pad on the wall was on the home screen and the Allonis app was off . Tried to restart and i see the screen for a second then all i get is black screen . Turned the tv on through the Ipad mini and no issues . Made sure all Windows 10 updates were completed and restarted everything and when i tried the Ipad mini , it also went black screen . Check a few other things , ran it on a modernUI sample and it worked for a few minutes and also went black . I have tried on a newer Ipad , my phone 8plus and a fairly new android tablet and it shows up and responds .

Is it possible it's EOL for these older apple products and has anyone else encountered this ?

Thanks ,

Phil

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Re: Ipads get black screen this morning

Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:43 am

As far as we know, the old iPads still work fine with myServer.
Look at networking issues. Ensure your are using lastest javascript from latest myDesigner and applied to your current template.

pickeringeuro

Re: Ipads get black screen this morning

Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:16 pm

Thanks for the reply !

I copied over the javascript files from one of the versions that would work on those Ipads ( but not set up to my system ) and now my original tablet version works perfectly on both . I'll update if i have anymore issues

Thanks again!!!

Phil

Return to “Hardware”