simonmason
Is there life beyond myServer?

MLCountdown?

Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:58 pm

Is there a way to do a countdown timer in Myserver? It seems that MLCountdown is not available in myserver. Thanks.
Simon D. S. Mason

sonypoolplr

Re: MLCountdown?

Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:08 am

I believe it is under the legacy plugins.

simonmason

Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:07 pm

I expected it to be copied over when I upgraded. I didn't see a replacement in the Software Installer so I ended up copying the .dll from MLserver and it works fine under the legacy plugins. Thanks.
Simon D. S. Mason

Synergy_Tech
Intermediate
Intermediate

Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:09 pm

What does the plugin do?

simonmason

Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:17 pm

As the name suggests, it allows you to establish a countdown timer. I have a button on my touch panels that I push when I go to bed - the countdown timer runs for 30 minutes and then the alarm arms, doors lock, lights turn off, etc.
Simon D. S. Mason

Synergy_Tech
Intermediate
Intermediate

Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:21 pm

Ok, then can't you do the same thing with the built-in timers function on the server? No plugin required.

simonmason

Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:24 am

Not sure. Can timers be set to countdown vs count up?
Simon D. S. Mason

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:48 am

Would this be useful?

System Timers:

"System Timers" window and native "Timers" server command to the UI. The Timer functions are a direct replacement for the legacy MLTimer plugin. See the attached.

There is no practical limit to the number of system timers that can get defined (the system may get a little sluggish after 4000 or so).

Each system timer runs asynchronously in its own thread.

The same command set is supported as the legacy MLTimer.

Timers|SetTimer~Timer#~Style~Interval~Units~Macro~Enable
Timers|Enable~Timer#
Timers|Disable~Timer#
Timers|Toggle~Timer#
Timers|Delete~Timer#

Or:

Task Scheduling:

Task Scheduling functionality built into the server. This new Task Scheduler replaces the legacy MLScheduler V3 plugin. Using the new scheduler you will be able to set up an unlimited number of tasks that can either be executed on a timed schedule or on demand. You'll see the new Task Scheduler icon on the server toolbar in the Configuration Aides sections.

Six types of tasks can be defined. Hourly, Daily, Monthly, On Startup, On Demand and On Shutdown.

Hourly tasks will run each hour on the minute value specified in the Time Of Day field as long as the task is active for the current Month and Day.

Daily tasks will run each day on the hour and minute value specified in the Time Of Day field as long as the task is active for the current Month and Day.

Monthly tasks will run each month on the Day of Month specified and on the hour on the minute value specified in the Time Of Day field as long as the task is active for the current Month.

On Startup tasks will run when the server starts.

On Shutdown tasks will run when the server shuts down.

On Demand tasks will only be executed via command.

You also have the option of defining the task as a System task. A System task will never be exposed to a user via the web service.

Finally, you have the option of the sending an email when the task was run. The email address the message gets sent to is the primary notification email address as defined in the Server's Tools Notification section.

myServer Command Tasks - with this command to can Enable/Disable/Run a task.

Tasks|<<Task#>> or <<TaskName>>~Enable,Disable,Toggle,Run

There will also be a collection of Tasks_<<id>>_ server variables that can be used with the commands.

There is a web service that can be used to build a dynamic list of tasks using the InfiniteScroll object. The myDesigner has been updated and you will see the Scheduled Tasks prototype when editing the object.

simonmason

Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:50 am

Not really. I already solved my problem by copying the old MLcountdown timer into myserver. It's not a big deal, I had scenes that used the countdown timer vs. count up. It appears that system timers only offer count up.
Simon D. S. Mason

Synergy_Tech
Intermediate
Intermediate

Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:53 am

Not really. You can set a timer for 30 minutes and at the end of that time, execute a command. Pretty much what I think you're doing with the countdown plugin isn't it? Or did I misunderstand the application? Doesn't each timer also include a "time left" variable or something like that if you're wanting to see it count down to zero?

simonmason

Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:41 am

My issue was not with the function of the timer but with the display on the touchscreen. The execution of commands at the end is working fine. I wanted the timer to show the minutes counting down on the touchscreen. Per your suggestion I looked and do see minutes remaining as a variable, so that should work fine. Thanks for the tip.
Simon D. S. Mason

Return to “Advanced Techniques”