cabinetmaker

Some minor issues

Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:23 pm

I'm trying out the suite and have a few issues.

The sample iphone scenes aren't loading when I add the page to the home screen. It just opens to a white screen. The scene loads properly if I just open it inside of safari but not from the home screen button.

The Sharp plugin only works for approximately one minute then it cannot connect to the TV. I can change the port to something else then change it back to the correct port (10002 from the sharp setup menu) and it will work again for approximately 1min then lose connection again.

Final issue at the moment has been mentioned in another thread, but I thought I'd mention my experience just so you have a record of it. Using Zone builder, I cannot set the amazon driver. Everytime I try to set it and save the zone it always reverts to "Not in Use". Also in Zone Builder, I cannot access the save button when I edit a zone without minimizing the ribbon. That makes the save button visible. No other method seems to scroll down to the save button.

My final comment is a question rather than problem. Is there a way to easily switch inputs on my receiver when I play a song? It's easy with movies, I just edited the play movie command, but the only way I can figure out with music is to edit the buttons in the individual scenes. This seems like a klunky way to do it since there are various play buttons, and then if that scene is changed in the future, I would have to edit all those buttons again. Am I missing a better method? Or this something to be built into Zone Builder and patience is the key?

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Re: Some minor issues

Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:03 pm

"sample iphone scenes aren't loading when I add the page to the home screen"
Not sure what you mean by that.
You should have a "myUI.Phones.Samples" folder.
Rename that to (as example) "myUI.Phones"
And in a browser, go to http://YOURSERVERIP/myUI.Phones/index.html

If myServer is running and installed correctly, then the home page should then load.

Is there anything in the Sharp event log? Is there an antivirus in the middle shutting off the port?

I am not sure if the amazon driver is working....I didn't think that DaveP had updated it since Amazon changed some items...he will have to respond.

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:24 pm

iPhone scenes - are you sure you typed in the correct URL? Was the scene showing in Safari before you saved it to the home page? A white page will load like that when an invalid URL is accessed.

Sharp driver - are you seeing the disconnect in the Sharp driver event log? Perhaps the Sharp is closing the port after N seconds in inactivity and I'll need to put some keep alive code in there.

Zone Builder - If zone builder does not have the logic to do want you want right now you can directly edit the Zones cyclestates that it creates to make it work in your home. There is a major enhancement to Zone builder in development but it is not ready to release at this time.

Switching inputs - You will see a series of Select.* macros that the server has automatically created. These macros get called whenever a source is selected. This is where you can do your customizations for switching inputs.

cabinetmaker

Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:13 am

Iphone scenes: Yes I have the correct URL. I can operate most the scene from witihin safari, but since it isn't in full screen from within safari, I can't access the bottom of the scenes. Other than that, the scenes seem to be working perfectly. But whenever I create the homescreen button and open it, I get a blank white screen. If I double tap the white screen, there seems to be a single space at the top of the screen because it will highlight something in the top middle of the screen and the copy button will show up. Not sure if that means anything, but thought I would throw that in. Whenever I open the page within safari, I get the usual event log showing that I connected to the server from my iphone, and then disconnect whenever I get out of safari, but nothing shows on the event log when I click on the button I created on the home page.
InSafari.jpg
InSafari.jpg (133.43 KiB) Viewed 1560 times
openedHomepageButton.jpg
openedHomepageButton.jpg (30.39 KiB) Viewed 1560 times
Sharp Driver: Yes it's showing the disconnection in the log. It's more like 3 mins than the 1 min that I guessed at. I guess time flies when I'm screwing around with the server. It must be fun ;)
sharplog.jpg
sharplog.jpg (213.44 KiB) Viewed 1560 times
Switching inputs: I poked around in the macros before I asked this question. I saw the Select* macros, but I assumed those macros ran once you selected the source from the scene. Is this correct? I would rather switch inputs right when I click a play button. I will often browse music when watching a movie, or vice versa. I wouldn't want to switch inputs whenever I switched scenes or am I wrong there?

Thanks for all your help. This looks like a solid upgrade. I hope I can get a payment from a customer before the special pricing runs out.

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:27 am

I'm stumped on the iPhone issue. The only thing the iPhone is doing is launching a full screen webview pointing to the url. Something must be blocking it.

I added a keep-alive to the SharpTV driver yesterday. It pings the TV every 30 seconds. That should keep the connection alive. The TV must shut it down after a few minutes of inactivity.

You can do the switching on the play buttons. Then you'll know for sure that is the intent.

cabinetmaker

Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:34 pm

Thanks for the help. I've notice an other odd thing about the iPhone scene. I was fooling around with the iPhone this morning and somehow I did something that showed the bottom of the scene in Safari. This is the first time I've been able to attempt to switch scenes. When I clicked on the "Sources" button none of my selections are active beyond music. The movies and netflix selections are greyed out. The iPad scenes seem to work perfectly.

The Sharp driver doesn't seem to be operating properly with the update. During the refresh I get:

Cmd=[7|Model] Client=[]
Insufficient command parameters [7|Model]

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:39 pm

I had a | where I needed a ~. I've uploaded a new version.

cabinetmaker

Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:28 pm

The Sharp update works for about 20 mins then gets disconnected again. Also there is a minor side effect of the new polling. In certain menu operations when that keep alive command operates, it exits out of the menu. Not a big deal. I could live with it if it worked.

I have a question. When I'm in Family Manager, and I double click on any field related to the sharp driver I get a fresh connection to the TV as witnessed in the log of Sharp driver. I'm not sure what the server does when I do that, but is there any way to add that "process" to the front of a command sent to the sharp? That would seem to fix the issue if it were possible.

What the log shows when I double click any field in the Sharp Driver:
Family members changed. Refreshing Devices
Attempting to connect to remote Sharp TV at 192.168.1.61 on port 10002
Connected to remote device at 192.168.1.61 on port 10002

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:51 pm

Anytime you make an edit to a Family manager item when the edit gets committed the driver is notified of the change and it will immediately reset itself and reload its objects. That is what you are seeing happening when you edit items.

When it disconnects after 20 minutes does it give up trying to re-connect? You should still see status type requests being made and if disconnected it should automatically reconnect. Send the Sharp driver log output to file and then email me the file after you see it fail. I want to see everything it was doing.

Return to “Installation”