Neflhiem

New User Newb Help

Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:10 pm

Ok, thanks for all the help getting to the trial.

Myserver is installed, as well as all the mandatory block A stuff and what i "think" i needed elsewhere.

I didn't really see a z-wave modual that looks like its for my plugs "ge plug in out lets" to control those.

I really have no idea what to do after the main install. I know because i'm not a pro at this, this is the problem so if i'm on the wrong board that's cool.

I don't see Plex applet so am loading media in the My content part but honestly right now it looks like its naming everything the same for some reason.

I don't see a My Harmony applet or plug in to integrate this with my remotes.

How do i set up other IR devices? like my LEDs.

I saw one brand of receiver to control but not Yamaha.

i'm guessing my next step is to design an interface? with my installed moduals?

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Re: New User Newb Help

Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:17 pm

Hi Tom,
Take a look at my response to your other post. Try google music first.
Allonis needs to migrate the Yamaha plugin to the new myServer v 5 capability.
Not a big deal, we are just currently working on some really cool stuff that will make zone management super easy.
You need some hardware to "listen" to your Harmony remote. Recommendation is our USBIR6
http://allonis.com/shopping-cart/p-108- ... rch=usbir6
Plex will be a more advanced topic. A hint is that it will use myServer's MediaServer capability.
http://allonis.com/template-features/pr ... ation.html
Z-Wave depends on the hardware. Allonis recommends:
http://allonis.com/shopping-cart/test.html?search=zwave

Let's concentrate on doing things that don't require any investment other than some time to learn.
Google Music, Pandora, TuneIn, Internet Radio, Weather, myMovies, myMusic are all things that are free for 30 days and don't require hardware purchases.

Neflhiem

Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:54 pm

For those that follow, Critical step:

When installing, the installation app will ask you where you want your files. EVERYTHING needs to go to the same directory. so if you are not using the standard C:/.... you should absolutely ensure that every module gets installed in the same place. At first this may seem obvious, however not all initially want to go to the same default drive, I tried my best to recreate the defaults. It looked like it was working, but was not. If you find yourself in this position, uninstall everything and reinstall.

David spent a lot of un-needed time figuring this out for me today, kudos to him and his patience.

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:00 am

Hi Nieflheim,
Making any more progress? Any more questions?

Neflhiem

Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:13 pm

Not yet. had company for the past 4 days. Soon I need to open up my ports to allow remote connections. I just posted in the Applet section regarding lights. This is where I will get some headway I think (well the most I can without IR or Zwave adaptors)

Return to “Installation”