Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Elk command to arm and disarm

Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:13 pm

The commands in the command builder to Arm and Disarm don't seem to work for me. I see the commands appear to hit the Elk driver, but no dice.
Was there a setting somewhere to enable this functionality? It's been a while since I messed with ELK and arming/disarming.

Security|1001~Arm~Away~1234 is what I am using.

Krumpy
Developer
Developer

Re: Elk command to arm and disarm

Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:15 pm

Was just about to test and remembered that some of our doors are open at the moment.... I'll try later or tomorrow morning. Family is still up and moving around.

Remember that the ELK will not ARM if some of the controlled zones are violated. By chance, do you have some zone violated? Like wireless window or door sensor? I suppose you would know if the keypad says "Ready to Arm", right?

I presume that 1234 is a token for the actual code? In other words, you're entering in a valid code, right? ELK will not arm if there is not a valid code. At least that is what I remember. Maybe I am wrong.

Krumpy
Developer
Developer

Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:20 pm

Just tried the following which worked:

Security|1001~Arm~Stay~1234 (enter actual code of user that is authorized to Arm)

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:13 pm

Yes. 1234 is not a real code, but I was using a valid code. No zones were violated when I tried. Does your code have any special privileges in elkrp?
What version of sever and the elk driver you using?
I should also mention that the elk has 5 partitions. Maybe it was never tested against a multi-partition setup?
Thanks.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:53 pm

So the disarm works, but not arm. Weird. There has to be something it doesn't like.
It's a 4 partition system with a mix of temp sensors and non-alarm zones and some disabled.

Krumpy
Developer
Developer

Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:32 am

I am using latest. Can you Arm/disarm using the virtual keypad within Allonis scenes? I have a two partition system in Elk. Garage is second but never really do anything with in.

This is really simpler than difficult. Allonis submits your code to Elk and then it (ELK) does everything. I would look at the user definitions within Elk. Mine are probably more privileged than not. Hence why I am recommending that you test via virtual and physical keypad. If you can arm via virtual/physical keypad, then it isn’t going to work with security command. I figure that you can arm via physical keypad, but what about virtual keypad within scenes?

Otherwise, pm me with your number and we will resolve via phone call to compare settings.

Return to “Security Family Device Drivers”