simplextech

Z-Wave Thermostat

Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:52 pm

My StelPro Z-Wave Plus thermostat is showing in Security Family and not Climate. Can I fix/change this on my end? Is the current Z-Wave (z-way,Razberry) integration limited to only lighting?

Stelpro Ki STZW402+
https://www.stelpro.com/en-US/4000-w-ki ... ome-z-wave

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Re: Z-Wave Thermostat

Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:43 pm

What ZWave controller are you using and with which driver?
FYI, the "myZWave" driver is as we speak being rewritten. Should be done this week. That would work with many ZWave controllers.

EDIT: ok you are using the Raz. We'll look at that with this update.

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:49 pm

The current V5 Z-Wave.me (RazBerry) driver does not know how to communicate with z-wave thermostats so they won't be discovered as a Climate device. Why? I never had a z-wave thermostat to test the driver on. Click the eMail your config to tech support button in the driver. I'll use that for parsing and update the driver to support the thermostat functions.

simplextech

Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:24 pm

AllonisDave wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:49 pm
The current V5 Z-Wave.me (RazBerry) driver does not know how to communicate with z-wave thermostats so they won't be discovered as a Climate device. Why? I never had a z-wave thermostat to test the driver on. Click the eMail your config to tech support button in the driver. I'll use that for parsing and update the driver to support the thermostat functions.
To answer both you :)

Currently I have a Razberry with z-way 3.03. I also have 3 x ISY994i with ZW+ boards and the thermostat also is not picked up from the ISY driver. I also have 2 x Vera Plus's in a box if I have to pull that out (I hope not) and I have ST, Hubitat, HomeSeer, and and .... ??? name one? :) I do integrations :)

The Z-Way system does include the Thermostat just fine and knows it's a thermostat. I can see all of the proper commandClass information and from the basic Z-way system I can also control the thermostat and get the temperature. This is a heat only thermostat for line voltage applications.

Perhaps I'm missing you... you said the current driver doesn't know how to talk to thermostat's... as in the Myserver driver not the z-way driver right? gotcha... I'm a little slow tonight.

If you need a system to play with and poke and see some of the devices I can help with what I've got.

So I suppose two questions as I'm in a time constraint (30 day trial) is getting thermostat support either through z-way or from ISY... ??? I'm wanting to try and transfer my home system into a mock-up with MyServer handling some of the pieces and climate is needed for the mock-up :)

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:57 am

If you have a Raz and a ZWave thermostat, then use the myZWave driver that will be updated soon.
As far as the 30 days...it will work. Don't worry about if the thermostat support will be there.
Use the 30 days for the more complicated elements like media management.

simplextech

Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:12 am

DavidL wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:57 am
If you have a Raz and a ZWave thermostat, then use the myZWave driver that will be updated soon.
As far as the 30 days...it will work. Don't worry about if the thermostat support will be there.
Use the 30 days for the more complicated elements like media management.
I agree. I'll wait and watch for the update to hit to verify the thermostat.

simplextech

Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:36 pm

I'm thinking there haven't been any update on this? I don't see any new version in the updater.

Return to “Climate Family Device Drivers”