chrisan
Intermediate
Intermediate

RCS Thermostat Issue

Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:51 pm

Hello all,

My rig has been humming happily along for some time now but today I ran into a problem with my HVAC. The climate variables suddenly quit changing when the thermostat.

So I checked the driver log - the driver seems to be polling the RCS unit and the RCD unit is responding with the correct status of the thermostat. Here are a couple example lines:

12/8/2018 2:36:21 PM SendCommand TX: climate1|A=1 R=1
12/8/2018 2:36:21 PM ProcessResponse RX>>> <<A=00 O=1 Z=1 T=71 SP=71 SPH=71 SPC=78 M=H FM=0 >>

However, the data does not seem to be "getting into" (if that's the right way to say it) the driver. See screen shot below:

The only thing I have tried so far is to update the driver in MyInstaller - no improvement.

Suggestions?

Thanks, Chris
Attachments
Driver Screen Shot.jpg
Driver Screen Shot.jpg (96.24 KiB) Viewed 2191 times

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Re: RCS Thermostat Issue

Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:27 pm

Not enough information.
Did you restart myServer and the thermostat?
I assume all was working fine for a long time?
What changed?
Delete all the climate variables to ensure you aren't looking at old data.
delvariable

You are saying that data is getting into myserver - you are seeing climate variables changing?
Or you see it in the driver log?

Is the com port working?

Any chance there was lightning which damaged the thermostat or the comport?
You could try swapping com ports.

My RCS bit the dust due to lighting....Might have parts for you ;)

chrisan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:52 pm

Yeah, Dave, this happened while I was just sitting around today here in Michigan. Working great for months now. No lightning no nothing.

I did restart the RCS and MyServer.

If I delete all the climate variables out of MyServer and reinstall the driver does that re-create the variables in the server?

I thought of that but didn't want to mess anything up. ha ha

Thanks, Chris

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:03 pm

The driver is looking to match the zone and address to identify what thermostat is reporting. That's the Z=1 T=71 bits in the response. However the zone is defined as "Dining" in Family Manager and the driver is expecting to see "1". Since it is not finding a match for Zone and Address it is ignoring the response. Did you recently change the zone from a number to Dining? Set it back to 1 and see if it starts working again.

chrisan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:06 pm

Yes, I did recently set the zone to dining for something else I was experimenting with. Quite a few days ago actually. Didn't have a problem until now (or didn't realize I had a problem LOL). Anyway, what you suggested worked. And thanks for the teaching moment as to what happened to cause the problem. I'll keep that in my back pocket.

Return to “Climate Family Device Drivers”