Krumpy
Developer
Developer

Re: ITunes Synch

Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:18 am

PP,
are you connecting from your Windows machine to a macOS machine remotely? If so, then the pathing may need to be adjusted.

The machine that has iTunes on it, is a macOS machine or Windows machine?

Also, what version of ITunes are you using?

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:42 am

My understanding is that Apple has changed strategy and will no longer support iTunes.
I would download your music files and put them into a shared folder and manage the content using myContentManager.
I don't know if this was ever tested with iTunes running on a Mac.
I use myMusic / myContentManager so don't have much experience with iTunes.

Krumpy will contact you re: Homeseer. Homeseeer requires a lot of effort to support because they don't have any standards for device types.

What is the issue with August?

I will see if Harmony should today support multiple hubs or not.

The key for all of this to work is get devices that is supported and is NOT cloud based. All of the cloud based integrations have been broken by the provider and it's a constant challenge to keep up with their changing strategies. There is NO system that is immune to these issues.

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:55 am

As an update:

August driver is currently broken as August changed their cloud authentication. On the list to review.

Harmony driver should support an unlimited number of remotes. Just add the second hub in AV Family Manager. If you continue to have issues, let us know what's in the Event log for Harmony Driver and myServer.

Homeseer driver update was provided for your specific situation.

Apple is killing iTunes so it's recommended to move off of iTunes Sync driver. Also, the iTunes Sync was developed to connect to a default installation of iTunes on a Windows PC, not on a Mac.

Return to “A/V Family Device Drivers”