ppespepe@me.com

myAgent media player hardware idea

Sun May 24, 2020 2:19 am

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to share with you my findings looking for a convenient way to build a myAgent based media player.

Yesterday I ordered an Asus VivoStick ts-10 or something like that. The thing is, I've been looking for a convenient way to connect myServer to my TV in a more efficient way using as less space, cable and power as possible. tried with some MiniPCs like the Asus PN40 and the PN60 but I wanted something even smaller, like a Roku Stick or an Amazon Fire, which I also bought but couldn't find how to Allonize the thing.

Anyway, the good news is, it works beautifully... I just unboxed, connected to the TV, uninstalled the antivirus and whatever I could I saw of no use and it works great @ 1080P... I don't have 4k or higher so I don't know if it would work UHD. The little thing that could, came with Windows 10 Home 64 bits included.

There are plenty of similar devices, even if you dislike this one, you could use it as a benchmark if ever interested in using a Stick PC as your media player :)...
SAB_00000.png
SAB_00000.png (25.7 KiB) Viewed 249 times
Hope this help!

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Re: myAgent media player hardware idea

Sun May 24, 2020 8:48 am

The Roku has a myServer Driver. So does FireTV4K stick. We support Tizen (Samsung smart TVs) too. NvidiaShield (Android TV) as well.

Then, on the popular app perspective, there is a Plex and Kodi applications for myServer.

Chromecast devices can work via Plex.

Stick with one of the above hundred devices :) Not aware of any control system that does so much with media devices.

If the Asus stick runs Android TV (likely) then the AndroidTV driver should work with it once you turn on Developer Mode and turn on ADB.

ppespepe@me.com

Sun May 24, 2020 5:22 pm

The stick runs Windows. But yeah, I'm impressed how much A/V you can control from myServer :)

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Sun May 24, 2020 9:33 pm

If you can run apps on the Windows OS, then see if MediaPlayerClassic BE edition will run on it. Works great with myServer.

ppespepe@me.com

Thu May 28, 2020 11:58 am

Yes! it does!

I mean, the idea of this post is to let any reader know that a very low cost and very small footprint PC works wonders with:

- myAgent
- myServer Amazon app
- myServer Netflix app
- myMovies (using MediaPlayerClassic Black Edition as you said)

At least up to 1080P which is what I have.
0_IMG_0756 2.jpg
0_IMG_0756 2.jpg (430.22 KiB) Viewed 221 times
BTW, the myContent app is awesome!!! it makes adding media to myServer sooooo much easier.

My point is, a very impressive multi zone Audio and Video controller which is indeed a very powerful home automation system can be built for under $3k including the myServer PC, some myAgent PCs, RPi4 Volumios and the required Allonis licenses and I think it is fair to let potential customers know how cool this thing is from a newbie DIY perspective (I mean, me :D ).

PP

randyf

Fri May 29, 2020 7:35 am

This is good information - I've been looking for something like this as well.

David - is there some information or documentation around the FireTV4K stick driver? What capabilities does myServer support with it?

Thanks

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Fri May 29, 2020 8:10 am

randyf

Fri May 29, 2020 12:18 pm

Thanks for the info David!

Return to “myServer Agents”