DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

The Interface and features I want

Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:53 pm

Dave and David;
Have a look at this attachment. Nice work considering it was constructed three years ago. This is what I would love to see evolve out of the current capabilities.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/9080423 ... omation-UI
Thanks
Dave Bruner
:shock:

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Re: The Interface and features I want

Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:17 pm

Are you going to build a similar UI in myDesigner? On quick look, not seeing why one couldn't.

You could start with the default UI and modify it.

Is there capability there that you don't think is in myServer?

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:41 pm

David - There are a few advanced gems that can not be accomplished currently with MyServer;

1. The animated video in the link shows a horizontal scrollable frame that consists of "Tiles" of information that are dynamically changeable by the user control panel. So, currently, no horizontal scroll or flick or fling movements are available. Dynamic tiles is another complex item that is not available.
2. In a vertical scroll format, currently there is only a text list scroll available. You can not for instance, build a vertical or horizontal scroller that contains the 7 day weather forecast with graphics, multiple thermostat instances as example.
3. Voice control is currently in its infancy with the MyServer product. That needs to be further developed to get to the level of the sample.
4. The sample uses IP cameras that probably produce Hidef streams via RTSP. RTSP viewing is not currently available and many new cameras only produce RTSP.

I think that this covers it, but I may have missed a few finer points.

I am going to proceed to build an interface that is as close as possible to the sample given the above restrictions.
Thanks
Dave Bruner

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Tue May 23, 2017 8:27 pm

Those swiping effects won't show up until the V6 designer hits the street. Charting will require the myDatabase app and also the V6 designer. We are heading in that direction. Consuming RTSP streams requires a native app and its associated battery draining downside, or an enhancement to the GenericIPCam driver. Downsides to both are the CPU cycles consumed trying to convert the RTSP streaming into something useable.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Tue May 23, 2017 8:34 pm

Thanks Dave - We are having the exact same RTSP issues at the day time job. Why did someone decide to make it the "Standard" for all new cameras?? AS for the swipe and other items, I will wait it out.
Thanks
Dave Bruner

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Tue May 23, 2017 8:51 pm

Because the camera companies wanted to take the easy way out. Doing RTSP on their end is cheap as they can use really low end chipsets. Back in the day when Flash ruled the world there was no problem as Flash consumed RTSP. Now that Flash has long since died there's no good solution because the camera manufactures are all used to having the RTSP issue being the other guys problem. My 2 cents.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Tue May 23, 2017 9:15 pm

The good news is that the High End streaming device manufacturers are now pressing back and eliminating RTSP. In a few months, that should press the camera manufacturers into the next step of producing cameras with better chips. It will take a year or more to get to the residential market unfortunately.
Thanks
Dave Bruner

Return to “Client Applications”