bpet

iPhone Stop Screen Movement

Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:24 pm

I know that I can use the 'Lock' feature on the iphone to keep the cell in Portrait mode, but is there also a way to keep the actual page from moving up and down when I press and drag up or down? Like when I'm scrolling through CDs or Pandora stations, the entire screen wants to move up/down...

Krumpy
Developer
Developer

Re: iPhone Stop Screen Movement

Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:20 pm

Did you upgrade to IOS 11.3 or greater? If so, see this thread as it likely pertains to your issue http://allonis.com/forums/234/19326.htm ... 87#p126687

bpet

Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:50 pm

Thanks! That worked. The only think I notice is previously, when I would switch between scenes that took a few seconds to load(ones with lots of overlays), I would get a spinning thing showing that something was happening while I looked at the current scene and then the new scene would load.

Now, I get a blank background for a brief moment before the new scene loads...Does anyone know how to make a small change so that the swirling loading symbol appears on the current scene until the new scene is loaded instead of going to a blank background for a moment....

bpet

Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:05 am

anyone have any ideas on this? :)

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:57 pm

It is not easy to change the Javascript to add in the spinner. How long does a page change take? Mine average about 100ms. What speed is your network running at?

Krumpy
Developer
Developer

Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:51 pm

Bpet, remember that it is IOS that changed the behavior in terms of what (and how fast) is shown when you’re switching from one page to another. It seems that IOS 11.4 makes this process faster than IOS 11.3. I would just live with it as it is likely to be faster again in the future...

Krumpy
Developer
Developer

Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:58 pm

Don’t take this the wrong way, but if this sort of a thing bothers you then you will need to implement change management controls. In other words, don’t upgrade on production systems until everything has been properly tested in a non production environment.

I myself am not happy with Apple that they made these changes in IOS 11.3 and not document them. But it is what it is..... And Allonis is relatively limited in terms of what it can do with Apple imposes “unannounced” changes that break things.

We got lucky this time that Allonis was able to quickly make a change.

bpet

Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:06 pm

I'm using Netgear Orbi AC3000, so the network seems pretty fast. The only pages that take more than 1 second to lead are Music pages where I load 8 or 9 overlays because I was having an issue trying to get variables to populate on the screen and then have them being used to run specific macros depending on which room I'm controlling. So instead, I load an overlay for each room that is controlled by my multi-room amp, and then that overlay has the commands hard coded into it and I just make the specific overlay visible when I need to turn on/off & volume control the room. Maybe I should "load" the overlay when it is needed instead of when the scene is initially loaded? instead of making it visible/hidden etc.

As I'm typing this, I upgraded to 11.4, maybe a little faster than 11.3.1, but I still get a good 1-2 second delay.

(my previous javascript.js file had the spinner, so i was thinking it was simply a matter of copying a bit of the code - I guess not ...)

If I close the Webpage, the event log shows disconnected, then when I re-open the page, I get the ADD connected, and so sometimes it takes a bit for the ADD Connected to occur too, but I guess not much can be done about that?

bpet

Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:47 pm

It definitely has to do with the number of overlays loaded, I had 15 overlays loading on the Music Header overlay...I removed 6 and it loads much, much faster..after some reworking, everything is fast enough that the lack of the 'loading' swirl is not an issue.

Only issue left is that it would be nice for the 'ADD Connected' to happen quicker when I open the initial webpage. I'm using it solely on the local network and the webpage is directed to the IP:Port/index.html or the last page that was in use - Any tricks to get the ADD Connected" to occur more quickly? (it takes 3-5 seconds and then if I close the webpage, it disconnects) If I open it again soon, it opens up very quickly...but if I wait 10 minutes and open it, it takes the full 3-5 seconds again...

Thanks again!

Return to “Client Applications”