Yes, Need my V6 Fix..lol
The tease is coming up on a year...

BB

chuck99z28
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: MyServer V6

Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:58 am

Some of that cross platform support would be nice. Is there any sort of time frame for this v6 software?

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:25 am

All of our commercial installations have been using V6 for several years. So well proven.
The difference is in Apps / Driver availability for residential.
We have been slowly writing drivers that meet residential needs as we have needed them for a commercial implementation.
So, depends on your situation on what you need.

The major difference is commercial projects pay for the development of what is required. So that gets our attention.

Describe what you need and we'll let you know of the gaps.

chuck99z28
Intermediate
Intermediate

Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:56 am

DavidL wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:25 am
Describe what you need and we'll let you know of the gaps.
The big ones are:
ISY, GlobalCache, Cumulus, Marantz, Sharp, Sony and Denon.

The 80" Sharp TV is my theater monitor. But I'm considering replacing that, which would also force a replacement of the 1080p matrix switch.

Other things I use are:
TED5000, Vera (for garage doors).

I'm in the Apple ecosystem, and primarily use Apple TV for a set top box. But I'm open to a new media player configuration as long as I could get to youtube. I primarily browse youtube recommendations, or watch shows from Apple, Amazon, Plex and Hulu. Once things are on and volume set I tend to use the apple remote for finding/watching shows. I'm not that married to Apple TV.

I use Blue Iris for cameras, and I've been using the raspberry pi to view camera streams as I found memory links using myserver to launch the chrome browser for that. I like having wall mounted 40" monitors to see the camera feeds in my office and have been working on some Node Red routines to switch those views and hopefully switch based on motion soon. Having a good multi-room security camera feed based on motion would be highly interesting. Other than that its mostly controlling the theater and lighting.

Wifi is eero.

Thanks for the info.

PS: As a residential customer I have a pretty decent investment in MyServer. Probably not at the scale of commercial but an investment no the less.

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:11 pm

ISY, GlobalCache, Cumulus, Marantz, Sharp, Sony and Denon.

GlobalCache, Sony, Denon, Marantz available in V6 today.

We can help you out with the new AVMatrix as we are partnered with several of the best choices (and we have drivers for them too).

There is also means to integrate V5, with V6 especially if it's one way communication.

Vera and T5000 and ISY and BlueIris are not currently available V6 drivers.

The media apps are also incomplete (myMovies / myMusic).
HEOS is our recommended streaming music hardware (which we resell).
AppleTV supported via GC IR.

A big difference in commercial vs. residential is homeowners tend to buy the hardware from the shopped for cheapest place they can find. We sell the hardware (and make a profit) on the commercial jobs because they are looking at the larger picture and factor in problems, integration, time, procurement, partner relationships and not just raw dollars of the one item.

chrisan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:57 pm

I'm a residential customer as well, kinda in the same boat as Chuck. Also with a decent investment in Allonis. Future needs for me probably in the next 6-18 months:

1) Allonis router
2) Better sprinkler app/Rain 8 driver. Always had problems setting zone durations. (not yet available)
3) Security family - but I don't have the 3rd party hardware yet
4) Wine app (please) :) (not yet available)
5) Nothing to do with Allonis but I need to rebuild my home server computer .....

Longer term I want to fully integrate music and movies into Allonis. Plus blinds control. Also at some point I'd like to commission a driver for a particular heated flooring thermostat.

Thanks, Chris

Return to “Announcements”