simonmason
Is there life beyond myServer?

Re: MyServer becoming unresponsive

Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:25 am

A quick update on this. As this issue started last summer I stepped back through my backup versions of myserver installer and installed one from 2018 and it seems to be running well. I have experienced only one crash in weeks vs. several per day. And I am not convinced that this crash was related to the other issue I have been running into - I will continue to monitor this.

Although circumstantial this seems to be pointing to something changing in mid-2019.

Either way, I am running the version below and all seems to be good for now.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 7.15.17 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 7.15.17 AM.png (147.87 KiB) Viewed 360 times
Simon D. S. Mason

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:25 am

Being that there are lots of systems running very latest software without issue, I would be looking at what is changed for your installation.

We always recommend to run the latest of all of the software.

But if that's whats working for you and you don't need any of the later features...good the system is now stable!

sonypoolplr

Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:28 pm

Well the at least daily, and sometimes more than once, reboots are back. Not really looking for help, just throwing it out there.

ppespepe@me.com

Fri May 22, 2020 12:32 pm

Guess what? I’m having the same problem.

MyServer hangs mostly at night, I also have HomeSeer.

I have reinstalled it many times, went from HS3 to 4, then back, have reinstalled MyServer like 4 times as well, uninstalled Blue Iris, etc.

I also have backups at 1 am I think. I’m using a MiniPC far too much resources for what I use. It has 16Gb of RAM, NVME for OS and installed software and the drive I use for backups is a SSD with like 1tb of free space.

I started to have problems since the last MS update like two months ago.

I’m going to reinstall (when I say install I mean formatting disks, new OS and everything) and will try installing HS3 on a RaspberryPi with the bare minimum to see if it stops hanging.

Keep you guys posted...

David, Dave, then I’ll have to activate the thing again... don’t worry, same computer, IP and everything. :)

BTW: I see you guys have few integrations on the lighting drivers family. Adding Hubitat Elevation for either Zigbee or Z-Wave or Shelly could be a great idea. The API seems to be easy to use (maker app). Just my 0.0000000000002 cents. :)

DavidL
Founder
Founder

Fri May 22, 2020 1:57 pm

You do not need to reinstall anything.
Just make sure you have online all devices that are configured. DLNA etc.

If you are running HS, myServer AND Blue Iris, than that certainly sounds like too much. Especially Blue Iris which can consume a medium duty PC all on it's own.

We don't anticipate doing anything with Hubitat. Redundant but less capability.

ppespepe@me.com

Sun May 24, 2020 1:50 am

Thank you David!!!

As you foretold, it wasn't the MS at all... I started deleting some unnecessary stuff (there wasn't a lot anyway) and now it is back working like a rock... love it!!!

BTW, I'm no longer running Blue Iris... I just have 5 cameras, I live in a flat anyways so, It was just for fun... I'll do something different after moving...

Once Again thank you!

Return to “myServer”