ggraef

Sonos web screens not populated

Sun May 22, 2016 1:30 pm

I have been using Sonos in part of my house were I haven't had ML screens. But I'm looking to change that...my problem is that although the Sonos driver is connecting, and recognizes the Sonos players, nothing on the screen is populated (e.g. browse overlay is empty, no channel images, current song, etc). The power on/off buttons do work but there is no data being populated from the Sonos devices (verified looking at the server variables). Any ideas what could be missing? Is there a particular seed variable that needs to be set? I'm using a variation of the sample web screens and I did check the sources and zones cyclestates and they look to match the samples...

Thanks!
Gerry

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Re: Sonos web screens not populated

Tue May 24, 2016 6:57 pm

There is a drop down on the sample sonos scene that is used to select the sonos player. That drop down needs to be populated with the real Sonos IDs for your system. Has that been done?

ggraef

Tue May 24, 2016 7:43 pm

Yes, the screen drop down is populated and device numbers verified in the server variables list. I am able to start and stop the Sonos players using the buttons on the screen, but no variables are populated by the device driver.

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Tue May 24, 2016 8:16 pm

Trying to figure what is out of sync.

Is {{av_activesonos_{{clientname}}}} being populated?

Then are the {{av_{{av_activesonos_{{clientname}}}}_nowplaying_*}} variables tracking?

ggraef

Wed May 25, 2016 12:19 am

Dave,

av_activesonos_w1921680183 = 34, the correct AV family device. I can change this, correctly, by selecting a different Sonos device.

av_34_nowplaying_* have not been touched: they exist, but have not been touched in months (I originally installed the Sonos driver in March but didn't have time to try to integrate it until now). Changing the active device, room, on/off, different tablet, etc does not touch any of the nowplaying variables.

ggraef

Thu May 26, 2016 12:52 am

Because there appeared to be a lot of debris in the av_34 server variables, I deleted the existing AV family entries and re-added them. Things are working better now, with the browser working (display favorites, change station) but I am still not getting artist/album/song info back, nor the "now playing" images. I've tested with Pandora, internet radio and SiriusXM.

Any suggestions welcome... :)

ggraef

Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:21 pm

Dave,

Do you have any other ideas about what could be missing that would prevent the "now playing" and related server variables from getting populated by the Sonos App?

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:20 pm

In order to get the now playing info the Sonos driver subscribes to the now playing events that the Sonos players generate while they are playing media. You should see those subscription commands being executed early on in the startup of the driver. Log the Sonos events to a file and send me the log. The events come in on port 3900 into the driver. If you have firewalls in the way they could block that traffic. Turn off any firewalls on the server PC to see if that helps. I could remote in if the sonos driver logs do not show anything interesting.

ggraef

Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:05 am

Turning the firewall off didn't change anything. Log file attached, includes startup plus changing SirusXM channel.
Attachments
Sonos-6-30-2016.log
(47.87 KiB) Downloaded 110 times

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:11 am

Sonos is putting the metadata for the SXM channel in different fields than the other sources. That is why nothing is showing up. I'm working on how to extract this other data. Will post an updated driver shortly.

ggraef

Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:40 pm

Dave,

Any idea when you might get a chance to get an updated driver out?

Thanks!
Gerry

Return to “MLServer 4 Device Drivers”