mzn

Instein I/O Linc

Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:09 am

Hi,
Does anyone have any experience sending commands to an Isteon I/O Linc module (e.g. Single-channel dry contact, model 2450)? I'm looking to have drapes be controlled by this Insteon module by employing a momentary dry-contact closure. My question is whether a standard ON command sent by MLS will be recognized as such?
http://www.smarthome.com/i-o-linc-inste ... 1-out.html

This is a multichannel version:
http://www.smarthome.com/smartenit-ezio ... oller.html

Thanks.

tmcgowan

Re: Instein I/O Linc

Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:38 pm

I have several 2450 modules and both the single channel receive and relay contact switches respond almost instantly with ML Server commands. I use one to receive signals from a Smarthome infrared sensor in the back yard that acts as a trip sensor when someone or more accurately when a deer decides to pass through the yard after grazing on my wife's garden. I also use one to trigger a dog treat dispensor so that I can randomly treat the dog or distract her when someone comes to the front door. And lastly, I use one to trigger a voice response over the household speaker system to announce when a car pulls into the driveway.

They're great modules, just watch the voltage limits on both the input and output side!

-Todd

mzn

Re: Instein I/O Linc

Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:11 am

Thanks Todd for quick response. I was wondering how MLS server variables change re: status of the relay? NO, NC, etc. Also, what variable changes in the server when the sensor contact (IN) is tripped?
Thanks again.

Return to “MLServer 4 Device Drivers”