whmurdock

Digital RGB LED light Strips

Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:53 am

Does anyone use digital RGB LED light strips with ML4? I am looking at using digital RGB light strips for various lighting projects around the house. I am looking for a controller that ML4 supports. I see a lot of articles about using a Raspberry PI with OpenElec or OSCM and Hyperion software to control the LED lights. I am looking to be able to control each individual LED separately on the LED strip. Thank you for any help.

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Re: Digital RGB LED light Strips

Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:03 pm

Have you actually found strips where each individual LED is addressable? Usually you can just control the Red, Blue and Green sections of the strip.

whmurdock

Re: Digital RGB LED light Strips

Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:18 pm

Based on my research so far, Hyperion supports several chip sets that allow individual control of the LEDs. They are LPD6803, LPD8806, APA102, and WS2801. If you search the web you can find several places where you can purchase them. They seem to run about $25/M. There may be others, I just started researching into them. They usually have 30 LEDs in 1 Meter, I have found some that have60 LEDs/M. I have not tested any of them yet. I was wanting to see if anyone else was using them with ML4. There are also several sites that show you how to setup the Raspberry PI as a controller. There is a Homeseer plugin for Hyperion but then I would have to use Homeseer along with ML4. I would like to only use ML4.

Return to “MLServer 4 Device Drivers”