mzn

Insteon Leak Sensor

Sun May 31, 2015 1:23 am

Hi,
I bought an Insteon Leak Sensor (2852-222) about 6-8 months ago to test. It integrated into MLServer beautifully. Primarily, the status variable (Lighting_xx_status) would change to ON when either the button was pressed, or the leak sensor detected water. You then had to manually set the status to OFF after it was triggered. This was by design so that if the water leak dried up you would still see it triggered.
So I went out and bought an additional 10 sensors a week ago. Pressing the button changes the status of the variable in MLServer, but unfortunately a leak does not change the variable at all. I have tried it with multiple of the new sensors - all the same. I know the communication between the USB PLM and the sensors are fine, and I know it detects the leak because there's a little flashing green light on the sensors which goes off.
On further digging, unbeknownst to me, the Firmware version in the new sensors is 43. The old is 41.
A protocol document is listed at:
http://cache.insteon.com/developer/2852 ... 013-en.pdf
I ran the Insteon device driver log and saved/uploaded the following:
File-old: Log of old (working perfectly) sensor when triggered by liquid, followed by the button press (to reset the sensor). The entry of
"Status Running..." is the pause between the wet trigger and the button press to reset.
File-new-1 and File-new-2: Logs of 2 of the new sensors doing the same as above.

Any ideas whether the Insteon driver can be updated in some way to make this work? I can't find enough of the old sensors even on eBay.
Thanks in advance.
Attachments
File-new-2.txt
New sensor sample 2
(3.1 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
File-new-1.txt
New sensor sample 1
(4.68 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
File-old.txt
Old sensor sample (works well)
(3.41 KiB) Downloaded 188 times

Return to “MLServer 4 Device Drivers”