AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Wink Hub Driver

Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:20 pm

If you own a Wink Hub and would like to participate in beta testing the driver please email me and I'll send you the driver for testing. I want to make this a controlled test so that is why the private beta. The current Wink driver currently has been tested with the GE Link bulbs and the Tripper sensors. I am primarily looking for people with other types of devices connected to their Wink Hub as the GE Lights and Tripper sensors are working well.

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Re: Wink Hub Driver

Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:55 pm

The Wink driver is available for anyone to try. However, please be aware that because of the way Wink catalogs devices internally there will be a good probability that your device will not automatically get recognized by the driver. If this happens then I need you to issue a LogDevices command against the Wink Hub (Lighting|<<wink hub id>>~Logdevices) and then email me the WinkDevices.txt file that gets created in the MLServer\Logs folder. I can then use that data to update the driver.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:53 am

When I click to authorize, I get this error:

Authorize - Error at btnAuthorize_Click at line #958 - Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

--Wait.. Just realized I'm not running the latest ML and that JSON all changed. Updating now and I'll post back

Oronomus
Intermediate
Intermediate

Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:28 pm

Is the Wink Hub required? I only have a Quirky Aros and no hub. Can I connect directly to that device? If so, how?

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:20 pm

Wink hub is required. We cannot talk to the devices directly.

indecision
Intermediate
Intermediate

Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:57 pm

Dave,

I have added several new devices to my Wink setup but can't get them to show up in the plugin. I have refreshed the devices but they don't show up. What should I try?

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:11 pm

Use the driver's LogDevices command to create a list of devices on your system. Lighting|<<any wink device id>>~LogDevices

Then email me the WinkDevices.txt file that gets created in the logs folder.

Wink does not maintain any standard for new devices. They just modify the JSON data on the fly as a new device is supported. As such there is no way for our driver to have any pre-knowledge of them. It will always be a moving target. I already have three other customer wink files to go through. I'll add your into the mix this week when I work on it.

indecision
Intermediate
Intermediate

Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:27 pm

I had emailed them to you previously (the most updated I sent over the weekend). So the good news is that I am probably one of the customers in the queue.

Thanks,
Davis

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:02 pm

The Wink driver was updated today. The following devices should now be discovered.

GE Link Light Bulb (upc id = 73)
Leviton DZR15 Switch (upc id = 76)
Honeywell Thermostat (upc id = 80)
Leviton DZS15 Switch (upc id = 95)
Nest Thermostat (upc id = 168)
Nest Protect (upc id = 170)
GE Quirky Outlink (upc id = 183)
Tripper Sensor (upc id = 184)
GE Jasco Dimmer (upc id = 203)
GE Link Light Bulb (upc id = 244)

I cannot test these devices here so if you see something that is not working the WinkDevices.txt file and the Wink driver event log will be helpful items for me to see.

indecision
Intermediate
Intermediate

Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:47 pm

Thanks Dave! Everything is showing up in the plugin for me. I will do some testing.

Davis

indecision
Intermediate
Intermediate

Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:23 pm

I have connected my garage doors to my Wink hub via the Liftmaster/Chamberlain myQ setup. Works great through the Wink app. Would the ability to control my garage doors now be available through the Wink plug-in?

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:04 pm

If the device falls into one of the known categories of Wink devices then yes. If you are not automatically seeing the device get discovered then it is in an unknown category. You will need to capture the output of http://<your wink IP>/users/me/wink_devices and email it to me. I'll find the unknown device and then add it into the driver.

indecision
Intermediate
Intermediate

Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:22 pm

Thanks Dave. My wink IP is 192.168.2.132.

In my browser I entered:
http://192.168.2.132/users/me/wink_devices

The response was:
Cannot GET /users/me/wink_devices

Is there something else I should try? I do not see the device being auto discovered in the Wink plug-in.

Thanks,
Davis

indecision
Intermediate
Intermediate

Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:33 pm

I was able to get the list by issuing the log command through MLServer (mentioned in a post above) and emailed you the text file.

indecision
Intermediate
Intermediate

Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:08 am

Dave,

When you have a chance could you update the Wink driver with new devices? As mentioned above, I updated my garage doors to be MyQ/Wink enabled and am hoping that I can control them through ML. The device log is attached. Thanks!
WinkDevices.txt
(34.95 KiB) Downloaded 139 times

Return to “MLServer 4 Device Drivers”