AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

XBMC Requirements

Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:49 pm

How many XBMC users do we have? We'd like to hear how you are using XBMC.

freak69

Re: XBMC Requirements

Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:18 pm

I use it a fair bit (OpenElec) as a standalone device on a separate HTPC (my MLserver PC is a separate Windowns 8.1 laptop). It handles all my movies and TV series as is, as well as various streaming addons. Music is shared between it and musiclobby. Its hooked into my 4x4 matrix and screened in whichever room is requested. We use this instead of dvdlobby.

What's the thinking for an XBMC driver? Not sure about others, but please bear in mind that most of the time, when not watched, the PC is in sleep mode...

Paul

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:26 pm

In theory the driver would auto sync the DVDLobby and/or MusicLobby databases with a Kodi (XBMC) designated "master". Then you can use the full DVDLobby and MusicLobby interfaces to control playback on any compatible device. It will open DVDLobby to support playback and control on many more devices.

whmurdock

Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:28 am

I use KODI (XBMC) to view all of my movies, TV series and play music from a NAS. I use a combination of Openelec and KODI for Windows depending on the room. I also use MySQL to sync the libraries for all of the various systems. By using MySQL, I only have to update the library in one place and it also allows me to stop playback on one system and go to another and start playback were I had stopped on the other system. For a remote, I use a application on my cell phone to control the systems. You just set up the IP address of each system in the application and you can control all of the systems (even if your not in the room were the system is located). I would like to see at least basic remote control of KODI in Cinemar.

Thanks

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:03 am

When we release the Kodi driver it will do all of that. It will automatically sync Movies and Music with the DVDLobby and MusicLobby databases and you will have full remote control of all your Kodi players. Already have network discovery and syncing of movies and tv shows working really well. This will open us up to a whole new group of customers once released.

ffneil

Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:13 pm

I just downloaded it and it plays my media server stored Blu-ray's that Plex wouldn't,

dwarfer

Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:59 am

Ive been using XBMC (Now Kodi) for the past 10 years right back from the days it used to run on the XBOX. Its my media player of choice and I run openelec on 3 separate Mini PC's. Ive been waiting years for Cinemar to start supporting this platform and asked once or twice along the way so im really happy to see your finally doing a driver for this platform. For me it will definitely bring me back to Cinemar as for a while now id been looking to other HA software that already had plugins for XBMC.

Any idea on a release date?

Thanks!

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:40 pm

Soon, all the updates that are being released today will help bring DVDLobby into parity with Kodi. Once I know all of the new updates are working well everywhere I will release the Kodi driver.

Return to “MLServer 4 Device Drivers”