albright_family
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Plex Driver Updated

Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:44 pm

Albright_Family wrote:Well it is now getting past Angel - Specials, but it is getting held up now on a different line of code.
SyncShows - Plex Library contains 26 TV Show episodes for Bones - Season 4
SyncShows - Error at SyncShows at line #2569 - Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'aaaaaMovies_MovieDiscs_PK'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.Movies_MovieDiscs'.
CinemarDave wrote:I am going to have to remote in again and look at the Plex xml output to see why the driver is convinced that it has to add an entry that already exists.
Did you find the reason why my errors were occuring?

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:55 pm

No - have not had am opportunity to remote back into your. I'll try again tomorrow.

dave.neill

Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:57 am

Log Shows :

ScanSessions - Error at ScanSessions at line #805 - Unable to connect to the remote server

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:23 pm

Well it is now getting past Angel - Specials, but it is getting held up now on a different line of code.
SyncShows - Error at SyncShows at line #2569 - Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'aaaaaMovies_MovieDiscs_PK'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.Movies_MovieDiscs'.
There was two episodes of Bones that pointed to the same file. It was a S05E01E02 type file. That confused the driver. The driver is no longer confused and it has imported your entire library.

albright_family
Intermediate
Intermediate

Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:48 pm

CinemarDave wrote:
Well it is now getting past Angel - Specials, but it is getting held up now on a different line of code.
There was two episodes of Bones that pointed to the same file. It was a S05E01E02 type file. That confused the driver. The driver is no longer confused and it has imported your entire library.
So interesting, how would you organize that style of episodes where it was easier to combine them into one rather than being separate?

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:59 pm

It was just a combination I wasn't expecting. An easy fix once I saw what was going on.

davevans
Intermediate
Intermediate

Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:54 am

I'm having an issue with Plex on my Roku 3. Every time I attempt to launch a movie (regardless of movie) the plex app closes and it returns to the roku home page. Only 2 lines are written to the log:

7/1/2014 6:39:45 AM ProcessCommand Cmd=[Roku 3~PlayMovie~\\mlhomeserver\mkv movies\Prometheus (2012)\Prometheus (2012).mkv] Client=[theaterpanel]
7/1/2014 6:39:50 AM WRequest Error at pCommand at line #4028 - The operation has timed out

I haven't been to get a movie to successfully launch. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:56 am

It looks like you are using a standard DVDLobby Playmovie command which will not work when you are trying to play movies to Plex players. You will need to use the Plex command to play the movie. That command looks like

AV|{{movies_activeplayer_{{clientname}}}}~PlayMedia~{{movies_selection_plexkey_{{clientname}}}}

There is a unique Playmedia command and remote control commands for the Plex players. The sample iPad scenes have a whole series of pages dedicated to Plex movie playback. You can see all the unique commands there.

Your Roku 3 device should have been automatically discovered by the Plex driver. If you added it by hand go into Family Manager and delete the device. Then make sure Plex is running on the Roku 3 and then go into the Plex driver and do a discover.

davevans
Intermediate
Intermediate

Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:26 am

That was it! Thx for the help. Working great now!

albright_family
Intermediate
Intermediate

Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:28 pm

I am updating things for my big July 4th party, making sure everything is operational. I went to check my Content Manager and all of the episodes for the TV shows are shown individually. (This is from the Plex import) Is this intentional? I thought they were suppose to be grouped together by season in the content manager? It is also showing wierd from with the movie selection area of Mainlobby. I do the import in 2 sweeps (first sweep is movies, second sweep is TV shows), now for whatever reason the only thing showing up in Mainlobby is the TV shows. Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:20 pm

All of the discs associated with a movie ARE shown individually in the Content Manager movie list. This is by design. Clicking on any one of the discs (episodes) will bring up the primary movie record and then on the discs tab you should see all the child entries.

Importing TV shows from Plex is working here. Do not import single file. Keep both check boxes checked off and let the driver import the movies first and then the TV shows second. This is why you are losing your movies. Whenever one of the check boxes is unchecked the entries associated with the check box will be REMOVED at the end of the import. This is because it is assumed you are not interested in those items any longer.

With the above in consideration is there still an issue? If yes, then this is something I will have to physically look at.

albright_family
Intermediate
Intermediate

Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:23 am

CinemarDave wrote:Importing TV shows from Plex is working here. Do not import single file. Keep both check boxes checked off and let the driver import the movies first and then the TV shows second. This is why you are losing your movies. Whenever one of the check boxes is unchecked the entries associated with the check box will be REMOVED at the end of the import. This is because it is assumed you are not interested in those items any longer.
Ah. Ha!! Well may I make a suggestion, can there be a checkbox in the devices tab for the Plex Driver that will toggle whether or not that happens. (As it stands, I usually run the sync process when needed after adding something into Plex, so I like to run things manually at times.
CinemarDave wrote:With the above in consideration is there still an issue? If yes, then this is something I will have to physically look at.
Well it is showing everything now, however the TV shows are really out of order alphabetically. (IE. I have 917 items according to the bottom counter on the ML page, but apparently the show 24 needs to be right next to the show Warehouse 13 Season 4, I have attached a screenshot. (I went looking for Warehouse 13 in the Content Manager, and couldn't find it at all. You should still have my log in details from before.
2014-07-02 Movies reorder problem..jpg
2014-07-02 Movies reorder problem..jpg (412.37 KiB) Viewed 2817 times
---

As a side note, while watching the import for the TV shows, it will show that "SyncShows - Plex Library contains 6 seasons", however there are only really 5 seasons to import. (I have witnessed that the count was plus one on all seasons imported.) <== This is a minor nuisance only.

albright_family
Intermediate
Intermediate

Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:46 am

Okay, I think I know where it is getting the strange sorting from, the sort titles are being imported incorrectly (I got the entries to show up in Content Manager after a refresh). It looks to be importing the first episode of each season and placing that as the sort title for the season. Wierd.

Logmein details are still the same as before.

albright_family
Intermediate
Intermediate

Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:01 pm

Looking through everything, I watched a refresh of my Content Manager, found an error message that is being caught (but is not stopping the SyncMovies).

SyncMovies - Processing Total Recall (1990)
SyncMovies - Processing Total Recall (2012)
ScanSessions - Error at ScanSessions at line #977 - The given key was not present in the dictionary.
SyncMovies - Processing Tower Heist
ScanSessions - Error at ScanSessions at line #977 - The given key was not present in the dictionary.

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:46 pm

Line 977 is where it is trying to read Genre info for the movie and it is failing. Hard to know why unless see what it is getting from the Plex server.

Return to “MLServer 4 Device Drivers”