We're looking for one or two people to assist me with an experiment. We are planning on introducing a DLNA Media Server as part of our media solution. This media server will be fully integrated with DVDLobby, MusicLobby, all the Radio apps and would allow you to select any media from any MainLobby or Web Client and have that media streamed to any device on your network capable of consuming the stream.
The first phase of this experiment is to integrate DVDLobby for movie streaming. We have already tested streaming to Western Digital Live devices, Android Tablets, iPads, Oppo 103 player, Dish Hoppers and Panasonic TVs. All with very good success. We'd now like to test on additional devices.
Requirements for testing
1) You must rip your media to hard drives. Ideally in .mkv or mp4 formats although ripped to native files is okay too.
2) Your MLServer PC must have enough CPU to support real-time transcoding of the media. A Core i5 processor or better is ideal. But any modern PC should be fine.
3) Gigabit network is recommended. Wireless probably won't have the bandwidth to support high quality streams.
4) One or more "smart devices" capable of consuming the stream. This can be a networked TV, Blu-Ray player or most modern AVR devices.
5) Have LogMeIn or Team Viewer installed on your MLServer PC.
What I will do.
1) Install and configure the DLNA Media server on your MLServer PC.
2) Integrate it with MLServer.
3) Verify your "smart" devices are capable of consuming the stream.
What you'll need to do.
1) Give us feedback on how it works and help us debug any issues that might crop up.