AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Re: Russound Driver Released

Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:32 pm

Interesting that was the same issue with the PC in Canada I'm testing on. How difficult will it be for you to migrate away from MLTimer?

beerguy

Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:08 pm

Not difficult at all. Will take a stab this weekend. Just glad to have things working again.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:55 pm

Dave-
re-arranged my com port stuff and deleted some old drivers in my system and now cannot seem to get my CAV 6.6 back up. I build the item under the AV family and enter the comport. When I go to the driver, the device does not show up under the driver devices tab. I cannot control the CAV. I tested the com connection to the CAB with the CAB Programmer and it connects to the port without any issue. SOmething is going on between the family AV driver and the Russound driver.

Can you provide some ideas of where I might start?

What is the recommended Baud rate settings for a Russound?
Thanks
Dave Bruner
:shock:

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:19 pm

I assigned it address 1 and the driver now appears. I can send commands but it appears that nothing is happening. I will gather some logs.
Thanks
Dave Bruner

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:21 pm

Driver uses 19.2k to talk to the CAV. Working fine everywhere so I'll need to see driver event logs.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:35 pm

I figured it out. I had com ports confused after the clean up. The unit is on line.

I am now digging into attempting to get the zone control pop up working. I will post questions after I get confused with the variables.

Zone/Sources are now working well. I added another cycle states and will post all that later
Thanks
Dave Bruner

rileydog
Expert
Expert

Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:36 pm

I have (2) MCA-C5's, and I can get every macro to fire except the first zone on the first MCA-C5 - just wondering if anyone else has zone 1 firing any macros - I moved Zone 1 to Zone 7 and macros are working just fine. I looked at the Russound event log and see no indication any buttons are being pressed on zone 1 - zone 1 on my second MCA-C5 works OK - so 11 of 12 macros are fine... Anyone?

rileydog
Expert
Expert

Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:16 pm

Also, I have a request....

The macro for power button pressed - can this be split into 2 macros?

Russound.Keypad.PowerOn (Would fire if the zone was off and the power is causing it to power on)
Russound.Keypad.PowerOff (Would fire if the zone was on and the power is causing it to power off)
Russound.Keypad.Power (Would fire if the zone power was pressed) - legacy, keep to make sure existing installs work

I have the power command firing off a macro to also turn off the TV in a Russound zone. Works great - but, if the zone was off and the user goes to the keypad to turn on the zone, ML can't distinguish between on and off - thus, it fails.

I can't use the ML AV power variable because by the time the macro runs, the power variable is unreliable - meaning, the zone could be off but going to on or off and really off - this is because the Russound device driver is operating in its' own thread updating variables separate from the macro operating....

The Russound driver would know if it is going from Off->On or On->Off because it is operating in the thread and knows at the time the button is pressed...

So, what I can then do is use the Russound.Keypad.PowerOff to manage other non-Russound devices and turn those off (along with making ML variables happy).

Thoughts?

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:23 pm

I use the trigger from the Russound to power on and off the additional components. I unfortunately can not track the status of those components as there is no feedback from the Russound.

I solved my issue of manual keypad hits vs. Cinemar; I have removed all of my keypads over time. The only way to control the Russound is via Cinemar. Nothing gets out of synch.
Thanks
Dave Bruner

rileydog
Expert
Expert

Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:29 pm

Fair enough - The keypad is nice to perform something quick - I now have keypad F1 that turns on the TV and sets the audio accordingly, and F2 turns on Sonos (and plays the designated favorite) - love it for a quick action as getting the iPad, loading the scene, making the selection sometimes is not fast enough... And, the Russound keypad is very convienient for those quick actions as the keypad is close by whereas that darn iPad wanders and is sometimes not handy.

I was able to solve my problem as follows:

My power macro is: (Cav 23 is main, zone 6 is kitchen)
Conditional|IsEqual##<P1>##23##Conditional|IsEqual@@<P2>@@6@@CAVPOWER_KITCHEN##

And CAVPOWER_KITCHEN is
Macro|
AV|23~Status~6!
Pause|5!
Conditional|IsEqual##{{av_23_zone_6_power}}##0##SETROOM_KITCHEN_OFF##

I force a status update, wait 5 seconds, then execute a power off command if the zone is now off. The SETROOM_KITCHEN_OFF also turns off the TV and cleans-up some ML variables to note it is off.

WAF just went up a few on this!

Return to “MLServer 4 Device Drivers”