Oronomus
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: V4 ISY Driver

Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:58 pm

I would think <pgm-id> is the program name, and the <pgm-cmd> is the command, such as "Run Then". When I create a program, I first name it. Then I create the program by selecting choices under an "If->Then->Else" logic. A good example is below:
Snippet - Gazebo.JPG
Snippet - Gazebo.JPG (32.08 KiB) Viewed 3264 times
MainLobby polls and lists the names of devices and scenes. I would think that MainLobby also could look inside ISY at the programs that have been created. MainlLobby should see those programs by the program names I have assigned. Then ML could put that list of programs into a Family->Lighting or Family->Control list. From that list, you could have the command choices. I see only 5 commands that I would likely ever use and I would suspect the <pgm-cmd> would use this terminology - "Run Program '<pgm-id>' (If)" , "Run Program '<pgm-id>' (Then Path)", "Run Program '<pgm-id>' (Else Path)", "Enable Program '<pgm-id>' " and "Disable Program '<pgm-id>' ". There is also a choice for "Stop" although I am not sure when I would use this command - Stop Program '<pgm-id>'

Look at the program I made up below to see the use of terminology that triggers ALL of the program commands that ISY makes available:
Snippet - All Avaialble Program Commands.JPG
Snippet - All Avaialble Program Commands.JPG (31.64 KiB) Viewed 3264 times
You are welcome to log in and play around with this. Email sent.

Krumpy
Developer
Developer

Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:01 pm

I probably could set up a development environment for you as I will have both a isy99 and isy994 soon. Another key item is to document what ISY firmware you're doing your testing with..

But ultimately, what is the lighting controller of choice?

Oronomus
Intermediate
Intermediate

Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:51 am

Krumpy wrote:But ultimately, what is the lighting controller of choice?
At its core, ISY is a "back-end" controller for automating tasks with little or no user input. Best examples are "scenes" (groups of devices) that are triggered by the clock or by motion detectors to behave a specified way, or "programs" (groups of devices or scenes) that are triggered by the clock or by other programs to behave a specified way. That said, ISY certainly can be used as a "front-end" through their dashboard or through several mobile device apps. I think that is what most ISY users do.

But MainLobby is provides a far, far better front-end for controlling ISY . I am only beginning with ML scene development, but below is an example of lighting control by floor plan. This is very intuitive for my family (they all struggle to understand how to use ISY, or even to understand what the heck it is):
ISY Scene.JPG
ISY Scene.JPG (66.17 KiB) Viewed 3250 times

Oronomus
Intermediate
Intermediate

Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:02 am

Krumpy wrote:I probably could set up a development environment for you as I will have both a isy99 and isy994 soon. Another key item is to document what ISY firmware you're doing your testing with.
Version 4.05 is the official release for ISY994i. Dave has updated the ISY driver so that it works well with that version. UDI has ceased support for ISY99i, so it is time to upgrade to 994i. I have now upgraded two ISY installations to 994i, both relatively painless (although I did decide to also replace and upgrade my PLM - the modem that connects insteon to the ISY - at one location).

Oronomus
Intermediate
Intermediate

Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:08 pm

Dave, you wrote:
Yes - This is what the ISY SDK says the command is "/rest/programs/<pgm-id>/<pgm-cmd>" but it gives no definition of what <pgm-id> and especially <pgm-cmd> are supposed to look like.
I am getting extreme pressure to finish a scene where I need to periodically disable an ISY program, and strongly prefer to do it through a MainLobby scene, rather than through the ISY user interface (which is a major PITA to access and use).

<pgm-id>

The "program id" as I see it in ISY is a descriptive name that I assign, in the same way as I assign descriptive names to "scenes." The names of the "scenes" now show up in the ISY driver exactly as I write them. With both "scenes" and "programs" you assign a plain english name to describe the scene or program. A scene name might be "All Master Bedroom Lights." A program name might be "All MBR Lights Off at Night" As I said, the descriptive name shows up in your ISY driver for scenes. Each scene also has an alias that I can use in a command. The idea would be for the ISY driver to also "identify and list" my programs by name. I could then choose the program by name, or by alias.

<pgm-cmd>

The programs themselves define their activities which occur without further user input. There are only eight available commands that I, as a user, can manually input thru ISY to further control a program. In ISY, I right click on a program name, and choose one of these commands to execute by left click. The eight commands are:

Run Program '<pgm-id>' (If)
Run Program '<pgm-id>' (Then Path)
Run Program '<pgm-id>' (Else Path)
Enable Program '<pgm-id>'
Disable Program '<pgm-id>'
Stop Program '<pgm-id>'
Set Program '<pgm-id>' To Run At Startup
Set Program '<pgm-id>' To Not Run At Startup

Will you please look and see if you can figure a way to make this all work insiide the MLISY driver? Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks....

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:23 pm

Thanks, I know exactly what needs to be done. I'll try to have it all done this week.

GadgetGuru69

Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:35 am

Dave
Where you ever able to work any on getting the ISY variables into the driver for use on the server?

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:18 pm

Not yet. I'm chipping away at things.

EUROTECH
Intermediate
Intermediate

Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:04 pm

Small request...I updated my ISY to the 994i along with the PLM. I've done countless amounts of troubleshooting to figure out why some programs won't work and complete their scene settings (This has nothing to do with Cinemar BTW). I believe I was having this problem before I upgraded but can't confirm. Anyway, when something goes awry, the ISY driver no longer reports the proper status of the lights. I can easily get the latest status of all the lights by clicking on the 'Retrieve Configuration from Controller' button in the driver's 'Settings' tab. Can I get a command built into the driver so I can just create a button on one of my pages that will "refresh" the status. This would make my life soooo much easier.

Euro

EUROTECH
Intermediate
Intermediate

Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:14 pm

Dave, have you had a chance to see if this is doable? Thanks

Euro

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:22 pm

Yes it is doable and I am going to try to get to it this week.

EUROTECH
Intermediate
Intermediate

Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:51 pm

Dave, have you had a chance to build a command for Retreive Configuration?

On another note, I seem to have lost my zones in the lighting scene. I checked the designer and nothing has changed. All my zones are listed properly in the family manager. I attached some screenshots in hopes that you might see what im missing. MLServer version 4.0.5165.19736, ISY version 4.0.4970.23676

Euro
Attachments
screenshot.2.jpg
screenshot.2.jpg (150.47 KiB) Viewed 3159 times
screenshot.1.jpg
screenshot.1.jpg (203.02 KiB) Viewed 3159 times
Lighting.Designer.jpg
Lighting.Designer.jpg (372.98 KiB) Viewed 3159 times
Lighting.jpg
Lighting.jpg (152.43 KiB) Viewed 3159 times

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:48 pm

Open http://<<YOUR SERVER IP>>/getdata/lighting/show/zones in Chrome

What does the response look like. Expecting something like

Code: Select all

{"total":27,"data":[{"zone":"Bar area"},{"zone":"Basement Hall"},{"zone":"Bathroom"},{"zone":"Clear Story"},{"zone":"Den"},{"zone":"Dining Room"},{"zone":"Electrical Room"},{"zone":"Ensuite"},{"zone":"Exercise Room"},{"zone":"Family Room"},{"zone":"Foyer Hall"},{"zone":"Garage"},{"zone":"Kitchen"},{"zone":"Laundry"},{"zone":"Living Room"},{"zone":"Lower stairway"},{"zone":"Master Bedroom"},{"zone":"Mechanical"},{"zone":"Media Room"},{"zone":"Mud Room"},{"zone":"Outside"},{"zone":"Upper Bathroom 205"},{"zone":"Upper Bathroom 206"},{"zone":"Upper Bedroom 207"},{"zone":"Upper Bedroom 208"},{"zone":"Upper Hall"},{"zone":"Upper Stairwell"}]}

EUROTECH
Intermediate
Intermediate

Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:41 am

Dave, thanks for the response. Yesterday I reverted back to a backup of windows I had and the lighting worked again. Today, I updated to the latest version of MLServer and the issue came back. I updated to see if maybe it was something I did. I tried the link you posted and got the google "oops" message. I use port 90 instead of 80 so I added the port in the link and I get the zones listed in my ISY family, just as you have. Just nothing on the screens. Hope that helps. What should I do next?

Euro

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:58 am

Email me that lighting html page. I need to inspect the html to see if something is corrupt in there.

Return to “MLServer 4 Device Drivers”