Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Re: Dune HD Media Player Driver

Sat May 18, 2013 3:10 pm

That one did it!

Ouch, that wasn't a fun one. Time for a beer and movie.
Thanks

beerguy

Mon May 20, 2013 3:30 pm

I just got a Dune 303D and it looks like it works just fine with the current dune driver. Nice little machine. Having trouble playing some avi's but have a call into Dune as I'm sure it's fixable. Is there a wiki for this driver? I looked but can't find one. I can't get the DVD menus to come up once I start playing a movie. I've tried every menu command I can think of and it's not working.

Thanks.

mcascio

Mon May 20, 2013 3:40 pm

beerguy wrote:I just got a Dune 303D and it looks like it works just fine with the current dune driver. Nice little machine. Having trouble playing some avi's but have a call into Dune as I'm sure it's fixable. Is there a wiki for this driver? I looked but can't find one. I can't get the DVD menus to come up once I start playing a movie. I've tried every menu command I can think of and it's not working.

Thanks.
Can you get the DVD menu to popup with your remote control?

beerguy

Mon May 20, 2013 3:46 pm

Yes, the "Top Menu" button on the remote takes me back to the Main Menu of the DVD.

EDIT: found the answer in the Command Builder. AV|5~TopMenu works fine.

mcascio

Tue May 21, 2013 9:37 am

beerguy wrote:Yes, the "Top Menu" button on the remote takes me back to the Main Menu of the DVD.

EDIT: found the answer in the Command Builder. AV|5~TopMenu works fine.

Great to hear.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Re: Dune HD Media Player Driver -- Select /Enter Revisited

Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:52 pm

For the dune player...

I noticed the enter button was mapped to select, fixed that
Added a select to the remote in dvdlobby remotes section -- so now i have two separate commands (select and enter)

sending the select vs enter does nothing different!
Select-Enter.JPG
Select-Enter.JPG (68.38 KiB) Viewed 2823 times
Mapped to select button: {{media_{{clientname}}_transport_select}}

Mapped to enter button: {{media_{{clientname}}_transport_enter}}

EUROTECH
Intermediate
Intermediate

Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:41 pm

Playing around with some commands with the Dune. I noticed that with the Dune on, the status variable is set to navigate. If given a power_toggle command, the unit goes to standby. Is there any way we can bring it back to navigate status. Toggle, Off, On doesn't seem to be doing anything. Basically I'm looking for a way to "reboot" the Dune from the webdesigner without having to manually power cycle switch on the back of the Dune and then pressing the power button on the face. I still have issues with my shared folders on my server and the Dune dropping the connection if I access the shares from another pc. Only way to get them back is to reboot the server with the shares and power cycle the Dune. The server part I have down. Its the Dune I'm looking into working with. There was one guy that had posted the same issues as me on the Dune forums. I read thru 18 pages stumbled upon his post. Sadly he didn't post any fix or update. Once rebooted, everything is perfect until I access that share again from another machine. Weird.

Euro

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:54 am

Make sure you have homegroup all off and have all your networks setup as a "work" network. http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/h ... ows-7.html
There was a registry change I made also, however I'm not sure if it was necessary. I'll have to dig for that.

EUROTECH
Intermediate
Intermediate

Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:40 pm

The work network, I haven't tried as of yet. I will give that a shot after trying out one more thing. I've been looking for issues related to windows shares being lost. All my settings are proper, and homegroup is definitely off. I found a few Microsoft tech articles related to Windows7 and SBS2008 losing shares until reboot. It mentions (and a quite a few other system admins) to disable SMB2 on all the machines on the network. Somehow it causes issues on some networks where shares are lost for some time or until reboot. It doesn't affect anything else, so I gave it a shot. On the plus side, they said being disabled speeds up the network. If it doesn't work, i'll try the work network change. I only want to mess with one setting at a time otherwise I might not know what actually solved it.

In the meantime, is there any command to power up or put the Dune into navigate mode? Even if my issue is resolved, it wouldn't be a bad thing to have a button to reboot the Dune.

Euro

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:40 pm

>>> is there any command to power up or put the Dune into navigate mode?

None that I am aware of.

Also, remember that when working with the Dune the path names to the movie files are CaSe SeNsItIvE. The path names stored in DVDLobby must match the physical path names exactly. This is not a problem in the Windows world because Windows is not case sensitive to paths but the Dune being a Linux box lives in the world where everything is case sensitive.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:34 am

And one more thing I forgot. Remove any spaces from the folder names and movie files. Can't claim for sure this causes issues here, but spaces always present issues somewhere where you least expect it.

EUROTECH
Intermediate
Intermediate

Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:14 pm

Thank you for the responses. When importing a movie into DVD Lobby, I access the share remotely and copy/paste the path from the share all the way to the bdmv folder, for blue-rays. None of the titles I have have any spaces. All have an underscore if needed. I could understand if Dune never worked on a few movies, but it plays perfectly each and every movie I throw at it. It is definitely something with Win7 64. Its as if it loses its network connection and doesn't get it back until a reboot. I might have to see if I can access any other shares on my network when that happens. Maybe I have a defective Dune, and its not the Win7 machine. On another note, don't mess with the SMB2. Completely screwed everything up. Workstation service wouldn't start up, and the server couldn't see its own shared drives and that messed everything else up. A system restore solved that. I changed the network to work and will post back as to what happens. I think I got every possible solution given to me.

Euro

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:56 am

Found the settings I changed which apply to Windows 7 and Vista only AFAIK.. you mileage may vary, so make a registry backup:

Registry change #1:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SYSTEM -> CurrentControlSet -> Services ->LanmanServer ->Parameters

Change the entry 'Size' from 1 to 3 (1 = Minimize Memory Used, 2 = Balance, 3 = Maximize Throughput for File Sharing and Maximize Throughput for Network)

Registry change #2:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SYSTEM -> CurrentControlSet -> Services ->LanmanServer ->Parameters

Create a DWORD entry SMB2. Value will default to 0 which is correct.

monteourdog

Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:44 pm

Install assistant is reporting that there is a new version of the Dune plugin but downloading gives an old version:

Downloadable version: 4.0.4951.19307
Downloaded versions: 4.0.4889.13425

Also, MLDrinkFinder: downloadable version: 3.99.2 downloaded version: 3.99.5
And, MLOutlook Addin: downloadable version: 3.99.0 downloaded version: 3.0.99

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:53 pm

Typos in the installer file. I've corrected them.

Return to “MLServer 4 Device Drivers”