AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Re: What IP Cameras are you using?

Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:53 am

Not seeing that happening here. See my image below. Live 639 is where the snapshot image is downloaded to the \Cache folder. Look at the video_x_image.jpg files there. Anything locking them?
Attachments
Foscam.jpg
Foscam settings
Foscam.jpg (132.93 KiB) Viewed 3716 times

ronsatter
Is there life beyond myServer?
Is there life beyond myServer?

Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:18 pm

CinemarDave wrote:Live 639 is where the snapshot image is downloaded to the \Cache folder. Look at the video_x_image.jpg files there. Anything locking them?
No, I now see the images updating around every 4 seconds. All looks good now. No error msgs in driver event log. I retarted ML, unloaded/reloaded the driver. Must have done the trick. I see cameras in the tablet and have control. Yippee! Thanks Dave!

Ron
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

dr.frazier

Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:57 pm

How about the everfocus dvr. Integrated already into the hai systems and has a server for each camera that can be read individually. Seems to just need passing the user and pwd info. Nice integrated unit for analog cameras w dvr ip server.

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:34 pm

Can you point me to their SDK or api documentation? Do you have one of these DVRs for testing the driver?

dr.frazier

Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:05 pm

http://www.everfocus.com/support has a tab for sdk but it appears to be for the software. i emailed techsupport but did not get a response. hard for me to call because of work hours and such but there is a tech support line. i do have one of the ecor 264 x1 that i am using now and can test. i also have one to be installed that is not in use i could get to you if you needed the box itself. It is this model that has the http streaming and no active x controls. it is a seamless install into hai and there is also a iphone app that streams the channels into as well. They automatically pass the user info.

each camera has an address:

<<IPADDRESS>>:PORT/m/camera1.jpg for camera1
<<IPADDRESS>>:PORT/m/camera2.jpg for camera2 etc

unfortunately in jpg loader it asks for a user and password and then just takes a snapshot but does not update.

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:34 pm

Is that URL for the live feed or a snapshot? If a snapshot what is the url for the live feed. If live what is the snapshot url? Are these fixed cameras or PTZ?

dr.frazier

Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:35 pm

I believe it is a live feed. It at least shows up that way on my iphone. As far as I know there is not a snapshot url. This is a dvr box- uses analog fixed or ptz cameras . I have fixed but there is ptz control thru software.

chuck99z28
Intermediate
Intermediate

Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:22 am

I'm using Axis Video Servers.

chrismd77
Intermediate
Intermediate

Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:07 pm

I have a question regarding a new FosCam fi9820w. I have set up the camera correctly and can see it via my chrome browser by visiting the IP address, 192.168.1.61. I can login and view the image via the Quicktime plugin. My next step was to add it MainLobby but I am stuck. I added the camera but ML does not seem to be able to find the image or control the camera. This url returns a 404 error.

http://192.168.1.61:8086/videostream.cg ... &pwd=admin

The port, username and password are correct. Has the HTTP streaming using VLC work on my FI9820W? I have seen post that state that HTTP streaming on Windows based systems, will only work using QuickTime. I really hope I can get these cameras integrated into my system. I do not want to have to return these cameras as i purchased quite a few. Thanks

chrismd77
Intermediate
Intermediate

Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:41 pm

from what I found it appears that the H.264 cameras have their own SDK separate from the MJPEG cameras. Will the MainLobby plugin work for both? Thanks, Chris

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:22 am

It's a shame that a copy cannot standardize the api for all their own products. If the h.264 cameras have a different api then they will not work with the current driver. I did a quick search on the Foscam site to see if I could locate the new api and can up empty handed. See if you can poke around their site to find it and point me to it. If we find the api then I can add it into the driver. I might be able to reverse engineer it by dissecting their web interface but that's a time consuming process.

chrismd77
Intermediate
Intermediate

Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:30 pm

Thanks for the reply. Here is a interesting read on the subject and we are correct there are two different protocols to use.

http://foscam.us/forum/fi9820w-how-to-t ... t2556.html

The post states to email tech@foscam.com for the H.264 SDK. I will continue to look online for the SDK file itself. There seems to be a number of work arounds to get the live image to display via a url. If I am successful I will just create a variable and store the URL there and reference it via a JPG loader. I will also post the solution here.

I have a number of H.264 cameras and a number of the MJPEGs. At least I can use the current plugin for the fi8610/MJPEG cameras.

chrismd77
Intermediate
Intermediate

Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:09 pm

philadam

Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:25 pm

I was looking at the Samsung SDE-4001n security system. Will this work with MLServer?

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:57 pm

As with any of these IP based systems it is theoretically possible to integrate them into MLServer. It all hinges on whether or not there is published API or SDK that defines how to communicate with the device and the cameras. We would have to locate this document in order to write the driver.

Return to “MLServer 4 Device Drivers”