ffneil

Re: Mi Casa Verde Vera Device Driver

Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:32 pm

I only have 500 lights in my sprawling mansion, :D so it's not a problem. I will update the pages and use the toggle command instead of the condition.

indecision
Intermediate
Intermediate

Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:39 pm

Did you guys see that the price of the Vera 3 dropped to $159? One thread suggested that the 4 (or Pro) is expected to release in October. Have you guys been happy with Vera thus far? I need to do something to replace my old X10 system. I had planned on switching to Insteon several years ago but Z-wave seems to have pulled ahead.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:51 pm

The Vera will do all three if you want, although you would need a x-10 transmitter for the vera to work with. I like the zwave devices and think they work fine for what I need. I had the whole house in x-10 years ago, so the cost of changing to zwave was a bit much after that expense. I haven't evaluated zwave controllers in a few years, but at the time, there was nothing that did zwave as well and was open to tying into Cinemar.

indecision
Intermediate
Intermediate

Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:41 am

Art,

Thanks for the response. I completely agree that z-wave is a bit expensive to get started with. I need to do something as many of my X10 switches/receptacles have failed and the network seems more unreliable than ever. Even some of my higher quality Smarthome X10 products just won't respond to commands any more.

Davis

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:26 pm

There is a new feature in UI 7 with house modes. The info needed to update the plugin is here: http://wiki.mios.com/index.php/House_Modes

In the meantime, you can use this: http://IP/port_3480/data_request?id=lu_ ... Mode=value with the correct IP and mode value (1,2,3,4) to have Cinemar set the Vera house mode externally.

I am still trying to figure out how to run LUUP code externally.

ffneil

Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:28 pm

It looks like the latest version is using on/off for the status again? I just changed all my scenes to use 0. Is this going to be the final change?

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:56 pm

The update was driven by a bug that was uncovered today while working on Art's system looking at automation rules. The bug was that for lighting devices the driver was sending two SetVariable commands for every lighting change.

SetVariable|lighting_1_status~On
SetVariable|lighting_1_status~1

or
SetVariable|lighting_1_status~Off
SetVariable|lighting_1_status~0

I eliminated the second redundant SetVariable so from this point forward forever all Vera class 3 "lighting" devices will only show status of On or Off.

You only have to worry about this in Automation rules where you have to specify a unique value to test against. When used as a state variable you never have to put an test value in because when a state variable value is left blank the system automatically looks for 1,On,True as being "On" and 0,Off,False as being "Off"

ffneil

Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:05 pm

Ok, thanks. I was not aware of the state value defaults.

tmcgowan

Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:28 am

Dave,

I recently added a Casa Verde Vera (model 3) to my ML configuration, replacing the functionality once held by my HomeSeer system. Your driver works flawlessly in controlling and monitoring our Z-Wave lighting modules, door locks and multi-function motion sensors. However, it's also apparently stepping on my pre-existing ISY lighting devices. My previously installed Insteon bathroom light "Lighting_12_Name" is now configured as our Vera China Cabinet Light. I'm not sure what happened, but I can no longer control the previously configured Insteon/ISY devices from ML.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

-Todd

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:08 pm

You ended up with duplicate Lighting Family IDs? Assign the Insteon bathroom light to a new unique ID.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:49 pm

**Warning**
Do not update to the latest firmware on Vera unless you have:
1. A good backup
2. Lots of time to waste
3. A backup Vera
4. A need for a paperweight

The update released In February bricked my Vera and I have yet to recover it. The Second unit applied the backup copy, but won't configure a few devices. A call to MVC support now has the second unit bricked. I'll post a link or steps to recover your Vera once I get mine working.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:02 pm

Update to the latest firmware from Vera (UI7 ▾ Version 7.0.4 (1.7.513/1.7.961) ▾ Feb. 3, 2015)

I came home to a comatose Vera again that wasn't responding to zwave commands. Upon reboot I had only a power light and the wifi was blinking which means no internet; or in my case a hosed Vera that can't find the internet. Keep in mind this is on a new Vera unit since the first one is still a paperweight right now.

Changing the IP info on my computer and trying to get at the unit on it's default Ip of 192.168.81.1 failed
Which left me to have to wipe the unit (again) by depressing the reset button for >20 seconds which yields a red/green blinking light
After a few minutes, the unit rebooted at it's default IP and I was able to get into it and restore the backup file again.
Before initiating the restore, you have to select the "Restore Z-Wave network" option
Once that was done, I had to heal the zwave network with it's default options - just click "go" in the zwave menu under restore tab
That didn't get all my devices back for about an hour - not sure what it does after that. Do restart your browser and/or click ctl-refresh
Some devices worked, but yell constantly about failed at getting manufacturer - (leviton fan switches) go into the device advanced tab and change automatically configure to "NO" and the Vera will stop complaining about that at least. (don't do this if the device won't work - you may have to re-add :( )
That was my wasted time last night, I'll post back how long it sticks after about 2 weeks.

FYI, battery devices may need to be manually prompted to re-configure because they work differently now.

If you can't get into the unit at all after the update as above, then you may have to "recover" the unit, which I have yet to be able to do successfully on my bricked unit. Good luck.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:24 pm

Any chance you can bring the Vera house mode into ML for me? Working with the tools available in the Vera, it's a little too slow for me. Having the update exactly when it happens would be much better.

Thanks

local houseMode = luup.attr_get("Mode")

1 = Home
2 = Away
3 = Night
4 = Vacation

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:15 pm

I will have to see if it is possible to call luup functions via Vera Rest calls.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:57 pm

Not sure if this is related to the latest Vera 7 update:

I am missing several lighting family devices. They no longer show in the device driver "devices" tab.

The devices mentioned above are still in the family manager

I have duplicate devices for some items (same Item#, same Address)

Any thoughts on a remedy?

Return to “MLServer 4 Device Drivers”