Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Re: I Need A Driver for ...

Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:56 am

Wasn't sure if that was the cause of the silence here though. I have a few mounted screens, and when they go, I'll likely switch to a "docked" ipad/android in several locations. I still like the voice control I had 15 years ago, hopefully work on the Echo will bring some of that back. I've also become smarter in what I do and use rules and geofencing to prompt a webpage specific to the instance. For example, If I leave the house and I'm the last person, I make sure everything is all locked up and prompt a webpage to set the alarm if I want. I guess the hard touchscreens go away permanently when I can tell where I am and who from any trigger and device/interaction point. I've done it before with voice control using an automatic mixer with decent results, however the power of the tablet or phone nearby or on my person changes things a bit.

Everyone is getting into the "connected" game, but I still see companies stubborn on their high horse that expect you to use their app exclusively. I refuse to buy anything without an API or method to talk to the central system. Pentair burned me about 6 years ago telling me I couldn't use their brick to talk to my system, and I would have to buy the i-link at another $500. Another $500 and I find out their protocol is very basic and leaves out much of the control you would want. After 6 years I found a company that reverse engineered their protocol and gives me access to almost everything at less than $300. Of course their motherboard had issues, and after being aggravated for 6 years, it's finally working for more than 3 weeks! Excited to finish adding my control screens.

I digress...The point is I don't want to open 27 apps to control things in my house or yard, so I still see the central database as something that will never go away. How you control it is debatable.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:56 am

Dave B -- just realized you are 20 minutes away from me in Southern NJ.

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:08 pm

The point is I don't want to open 27 apps to control things in my house or yard
Exactly, 1 app, control everything from everywhere. Our goal, our mission.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:46 pm

CinemarDave wrote:
The point is I don't want to open 27 apps to control things in my house or yard
Exactly, 1 app, control everything from everywhere. Our goal, our mission.

Dave;

I could not agree more - The same look and feel is also important across the many items I have under control.

I as well miss my voice control from years ago. it worked fairly well long before you could talk to you iPhone or Desktop computer.

...and off topic;
Art - Yes, I know you are close to my location. I regularly drive to Philly, so probably near you.
Thanks
Dave Bruner
:shock:

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:29 pm

Dave, any luck on the Autelis driver? =P~

ggraef

Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:15 pm

Two quick questions:
Was MLDatabase ever released for V4?
Has there been any movement on availability of the Harmony API?

Thanks!
Gerry

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:59 pm

A V4 MLDatabase exists in a 95% completion state. It was never finished/released because there was no defined need / usage scenario. Do you have one?

I have asked the folks at Harmony on four different occasions to be given access to their API. On all four occasions my request was completely ignored. Not even the common courtesy to tell me to "Go away son you're bothering me..."

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:58 pm

Dave, if you want to send me what you have we use several databases and types. I'll see what I can make it do. I found some time around 3am I wasn't using for anything productive.

indecision
Intermediate
Intermediate

Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:01 pm

looks like enough people were frustrated with waiting on Harmony that they wrote their own API software interface. Here is a link. Sounds like it is pretty widely used. I would love to see some development in this area.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/harmonyhubcontrol/

ggraef

Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:34 pm

CinemarDave wrote:A V4 MLDatabase exists in a 95% completion state. It was never finished/released because there was no defined need / usage scenario. Do you have one?
I'm currently building an outdoor weather station and need to log data someplace. The plan is display weather data on ML screens so at a minimum I'd need to read data from a database. A more robust use of ML would be to post data to MLServer, which would update it's 'current conditions' variables and store to a database. The system is RaspberyPi based so I could just post to MLServer to set variables, but it would be nice to have access to a full historical data set.

waszaa

Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:02 am

JVC DLA-X5000 Projector

Just installed one of these great new projectors for christmas any chance of a driver?

Attached protocol pdf for serial or IP control
Attachments
External Control JVC projector.pdf
(75.43 KiB) Downloaded 89 times

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:13 pm

CinemarDave wrote:A V4 MLDatabase exists in a 95% completion state. It was never finished/released because there was no defined need / usage scenario. Do you have one?
Thinking about the DB stuff again...

I'm stuck on a few projects because I haven't found a straightforward way to do this:

I have a few instances where I get some value back from a sensor or otherwise that I need translated. Sometimes I may want an integer to translate into strings or vice versa. Currently I have two returns I need translated. One is a linear range of values that needs a corresponding percent. I could try and make mlmath do y=mx +b I suppose and many fancy rules, but a db with a table of ranges is a bit easier with a limited range of values.

The second set of data is non-linear, although predictable. I'm not sure I could make my old TI calculator do this equation though. Again for a limited set of data, using a db table with values would be quick and easy. This one converts return voltage through an AD converter to a temperature. Of course there would be some thought to what happens for values outside the range, and is it a use next value or use previous if there is no exact match; or a simple > <, <=, >= , etc.

Examples:
0.00 = empty
0.03 = very low
0.05 = low
0.07 = medium
0.10 = high
0.13 = very high

1v = 50 F
1.1v = 51 F
1.2v = 52 F
1.3 v = 53 F
etc

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:37 pm

With the current MLDatabase app you would be able to create a custom database table and populate it with values. You can even create a stored query that can return a scalar value. What's missing is the ability to do any processing. In this case you'd need an automation rule something like

Whenever {{somesensor}} changes value then
Macro|
SetVariableViaQuery|{{outputvar}}~QueryName~{{somesensor}}
followed by any conditional logic that might be required

I just uploaded the current MLDatabase app to the server. You'll see it listed in the very bottom of the installer in the beta section. Install the app and see if it will let you create the tables you need. Then we can work on the processing requirements and put a little project together.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:50 am

Can I add a db to the cinemar instance or should it be completely somewhere else?

AllonisDave
Founder
Founder

Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:16 pm

You can create tables in the Cinemar database, but you would need to manually create the external database yourself. Then you should be able to connect to it in the app.

Return to “MLServer 4 Device Drivers”